Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Im running JA Zite on joomla 3.
    I installed Joomla and the installed the template and extensions I needed. (I didnt want all of the sample data from the quick start)

Now that I am trying to start the slideshow and looking at the Backend settings vs what there is in Joomla 3 Slideshow light does not match. There is no place to add the advanced configuration.

I’m trying to figure out how to make my slideshow function like the demo site. Thanks for your help

TomC Moderator

<em>@ousset 468960 wrote:</em><blockquote>Im running JA Zite on joomla 3.
    I didnt want all of the sample data from the quick start

I’m trying to figure out how to make my slideshow function like the demo site. Thanks for your help</blockquote>

Which is exactly why starting with a virtual clone of the demo site – via the quickstart + sample data installation process – is so very helpful. You basically start with (for the most part) what you see in the demo, and then modify from there. No need to reinvent the wheel and struggle with customizing settings.

ousset Friend

Yes but then I also have to go through all of the sample data, categories etc and remove/uninstall all of the unnecessary things that I dont need.

Are you telling me there is no way for me to get the slideshow working without doing the quickstart?
    Is there a place where I can view a demo Joomla 3 administrator for this template

TomC Moderator

Unfortunately, the Demo Builder is currently down.

You surely CAN get things running without the quickstart …. but as you are currently experiencing, there can be a good deal of “from scratch” customization that is needed. Wouldn’t it be much easier to start with things working from the start – yes, even if one needs to unpublish/remove some sample data one doesn’t want/need?

ousset Friend

Edited to say I figured out where it is.
    You could have just said next to the image name there is a button that says “Edit” and thats where you can add the description and advance configuration

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ousset 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum