Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Can somebody please check my slideshow at this URL:

http://seogarden.com/cortina-systems/

in Both Firefox/Chrome and IE9?

It works just as intended in Firefox/Chrome, but in IE, while I have been able to get it very close (Initially it was a mess) there is still a very strange behavior. Namely, instead of fading away, each sprite (the large one) seems to instantly move to the side fro a split second and them go on to the next slide.

The background works fine but it’s the first sprite that has this strange behavior.

Thank you.

Ninja Lead Moderator

You need to set compress css file on JA Zite Template, see the screenshot

and clear change from admin area.

The problem on your site will be fixed

1. Compress_CSS
    sotjoom2 Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 355857 wrote:</em><blockquote>You need to set compress css file on JA Zite Template, see the screenshot

and clear change from admin area.

The problem on your site will be fixed</blockquote>

Thank you for the replay, but I am afraid that didn’t work. I activated the join and minify and cleared the cache multiple times. I even went to the images folder and deleted the images just in case.
    It is behaving exactly the same in IE9.

When it starts rotating the image it first moves it all the way to the left and then it fades it out, but it’s a jarring transition and now the client has found it on their own so it has to be fixed.

I’ll try working on the CSS a bit more, but if the issue is in the JS or in the HTC file there is little I can do on my own.

Thank you again

sotjoom2 Friend

I wanted to amend my post since I have updated to slideshow lite 1.1.1. Unfortunately, that didn’t make any difference either. Still the primary slide moves about 500px to the left before fading away.

I also tried join and minify with the new version but that too didn’t work.

Ninja Lead Moderator

See the screeshot

JS and CSS compression seems not be enabled in your site.

Regarding to upgrade slideshow lite you can user JA Extension Manager component to upgrade it.

1. compress
    sotjoom2 Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 357239 wrote:</em><blockquote>See the screeshot

JS and CSS compression seems not be enabled in your site.
    Regarding to upgrade slideshow lite you can user JA Extension Manager component to upgrade it.</blockquote>

This is very frustrating!
    I did turn on the cache but it made no difference, the IE slideshow was still broken!!!

I turned the cache back off because I need to be able to work on the site and edit the CSS. If I compress it then I am unable to work on the site.

Let me repeat: The problem persist after turning cache on. That means I followed your first instructions, turned the Join and Minify on as instructed and when I went to IE and checked the slideshow
    Nothing had changed.

What is frustrating is that I indicated the above in my previous post and this tells me that you guys are not reading my posts. I don’t know if you work for Joomlart or you help on your own out of the goodness of your hearth. If the latter, I apologize for losing my temper, but this last response is a clear indicator that no one has read my post in its entirety.

This is what I wrote in my response:

<blockquote>Thank you for the replay, but I am afraid that didn’t work. I activated the join and minify and cleared the cache multiple times. I even went to the images folder and deleted the images just in case.
    It is behaving exactly the same in IE9.</blockquote>

What else do I have to say besides “Sorry, it didn’t work”.

After I posted I turned the cache off because I still need to work on the site. If you had taken a look at the site you would see that it no longer resembles Ja Zite. I did a lot of customization on it and in order to do that I have to have the cache off, but I turned it on to test your suggestion and it did not work!!

Now, if someone could please take a look at the actual site, the problem is pretty obvious and the cache makes no difference whatsoever.

sotjoom2 Friend

Please read the post below in its totality. If something is not clear I’ll be happy to explain further, but please do not tell me that cache, Join and Minify is not turned on. I need to be able to work on the site and I cannot make it sit around until one of you comes along to view it.

I started from scratch and I have done some experiments with different settings. Here is what I found:

1) Join, Minify & compress ON for both JS and CSSD = NO CHANGE in both IE and Chrome but in IE the problem persists.

2) Join, Minify & compress ON + “Enable Development Mode” = Big change> it breaks the entire template and especially it breaks the slideshow. Sprite 1 is no longer transparent and it is positioned below slideshow container. It is also set at 100% width so it’s huge, but I found the 100% rule and turned it off. Refer to screenshot. In IE, I cannot tell if the issue is resolved because everything else is broken.

3) Join, Minify & compress ON + “Enable Development Mode” but with mod_jaslideshowlite-custom.css in “optimize Exclude” = This fixes the issue with the sprite going below the background of the slideshopw, but it does not fix the original problem in IE at all.

By the way, I have some screenshots that may make comprehending this easier.

Below is a screenshot of the site set as per point (2) It is so badly mangles that I cannot tell if the issue is fixed or not. This is a screenshot in Chrome

This is more or less the same but in IE:

Below is a series of screenshot of the way the slideshow works right now with (3) activated (NOTE: Since I am working on the site, it will not stay like this. I will need to turn off Minify and cache)

This below is the very last frame before transition in IE9. Everything looks OK here.

In this next frame, the first sprite has moved abruptly to the left

Now the same Sprite is fading

NOTE: I don’t expect the animation to work in IE the same as it does in FF and Chrome. It would be nice, but I would be happy with any of the following:

1) slideshow simply fading in and out instead of moving at all.

2) Sprite moving offscreen instead of still being visible

3) Any other animation where the movement is not “wrong”. The way it is now it’s wrong

4) I would be happy simply if someone could tell me where to look for the position in the code (CSS or Javascript) that makes the first sprite or the surrounding DIV animate in IE.

I have been unable to find where the code is that moves the sprite and makes it fade. I know where that is in FF and Chrome, but when I go to IE any changes there have no effect.

Thank you.

1. Cortina-2013-01-29-5-29-37-PM
    2. 2013-01-29-3-32-17-PM
    3. anim-01
    4. anim-02
    5. anim-03
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Please read information about “Internet Explorer and css file here

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/thread/ad1b6e88-bbfa-4cc4-9e95-3889b82a7c1d/

Because on your site have many css file that’s for reason JA SlideShow Lite module on your site doesn’t work on IE browser. You are miss-understand my posted (asked you need to compress css and js on your site) if possible you can pm me admin access and ftp account. I shall help directly on your site.

sotjoom2 Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 357689 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please read information about “Internet Explorer and css file here

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/thread/ad1b6e88-bbfa-4cc4-9e95-3889b82a7c1d/

Because on your site have many css file that’s for reason JA SlideShow Lite module on your site doesn’t work on IE browser. You are miss-understand my posted (asked you need to compress css and js on your site) if possible you can pm me admin access and ftp account. I shall help directly on your site.</blockquote>

Hi Ninja, I am actually aware of the IE limitation in the number of CSS. The problem is that after applying the join/Minify/compress , the slideshow is still behaving exactly the same.

So far things lead me toward one of my CSS changes being the culprit. I just cannot figure out which one. I know that because on a plain version of Ja Zite I have mocked up the same slideshow and it seems to work just fine. I was about to go line by line with a diff program to see what the culprit may be.

If you would be so kind to take a look for yourself, I’d be thrilled. This issue has cost me many hours of work for nothing.

I will PM you with instructions, FTP access and admin access. Thank you.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I spent lot of my time to check the problem on your site. Your site is heavily customized for css file and problem is from mod_jaslideshowlite-custom.css file. When I switch to compress css, all css files loading under mod_jaslideshowlite-custom.css were broken.

Currently your site is showing the error:
    <blockquote>http://seogarden.com/cortina-systems/templates/ja_zite/css/none 404 (Not Found) </blockquote>

I do not know what you customized on your site? And this link to a file that do not exists.

I have set Optimize CSS: linked file from JA Zite Template. The problem on IE Browser was fixed

You can see the screenshot here

IE8 Browser

IE9 Browser

IE10 Browser

1. IE8
    2. IE9
    3. IE10
    sotjoom2 Friend

Thank you Ninja for checking my site. Unfortunately at least on my IE9 the problem is not fixed. It does the very same thing it was going yesterday. Yes, I reloaded and cleared the cache.

What did I do on the site?

As far as deleting CSS files I deleted none, but that’s not what’s going on. The browser is not trying to find a CSS file, is trying to find a css file called “none” so the issue is not a missing file. It’s a wrong call. I will track it down and I may rebuild the Slideshow from scratch if I have to.

As far as the issue not being fixed, the problem was that upon beginning to transition on IE9, sprite 1 would move about 800px to the left and then start fading. That’s the issue and it’s still doing it. I am not sure what you thought it was wrong but evidently it was something else.

Thank you again for trying. We’ll take it from here. I will load a virgin CSS file and start from scratch.

sotjoom2 Friend

Would there be a reason for only these two files:

mod_jaslideshowlite-custom.css
    mod_jaslideshowlite.css

to be minified every few seconds even with the template join minify and compress turned completely off and development mode on?

I have reloaded the original CSS files and I am trying to apply my changes again in more methodical way, but I cannot use my Diff program because it won’t work if the css files are minified.

I looked everywhere and I cannot find a place where you could have turned that on outside of the template, yet I have been working on the same files for over a month and that has never happened to me.

Please let me know.

PS: When I loaded the original files and the original module, the issue I am having disappeared. So now I am going to apply changes again one by one and check with every change.

However, I need to be sure that there are no scripts that may be affecting cache or I will make changes and I will not see it. I cannot have that.

PSS: I forgot to mention that this is happening only on these two files, so I am quite certain it is something you turned on. Since whatever you did, did not fix the issue with the slideshow I need to know how to turn it off ASAP.

Thank you.

Ninja Lead Moderator

My attached files are default css both mod_jaslideshowlite-custom.css and mod_jaslideshowlite.css you need to compare it with files on your site.

I have tested JA Zite Template on our system but i could not duplicate the same error on your site. You can test about this on build demo on our company on this link: http://joomweb.com/ and select JA Zite Template and build test demo with it

JA Slideshowlite Module is running well on all browsers,

P/S: The build demo site will auto drop on 24hour

sotjoom2 Friend

I figured out what was wrong:

The original slideshow has 2 sprites and one description field
    In my slideshow I only have 1 sprite (Sprite1) and no second sprite
    Sprite 1 in the original originates approximately in the right hand 1/3 of the page, or to the right of center of the page/slideshow
    Mine needed to have it’s origination point all the way to the left of the page, right below the logo.
    So I had to override Sprite1 position and I used this code below:

.active.leftright .ja-ss-sprite.first {
    left: 50%;
    margin-left: -485px; }

This choice turned out not to be very smart. While this code works fine on Chrome and FF, it made IE chocke.

The reason for that was that for whatever reason, while Chrome and FF were perfectly able to handle the animation with the sprite position overridden in the CSS file, IE wan’t capable of the same.

So instead of animating the same way, IE9 would relocate the sprite to the left (or right depending on other values I was using) and then it started the animation.

Fortunately, once I figured out what was doing this, it was an easy fix. I simply wrote the code like this:

.ja-ss-sprite.first {
    left: 50%;
    margin-left: -485px; }

And now IE no longer gets confused.

I am probably wasting my time, since I don’t think you ever understood what the problem is (since you declared it “cured”) but I leaving this behind so that anyone coming here in the future can find at least some guidance.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sotjoom2 11 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum