Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have used this template before (Joomla 1.5) without any problems, but now that I’m setting up a site using the Joomla 2.5 version of the template, I’m experiencing a strange issue I did not have before.

The JA Slideshow module used to open the articles in a Single Article layout, and that’s what I want here also. Instead, when you click Read More, it opens that article in the content section of the homepage layout, which is “below the fold,” so not only is it not what I want, but it’s not even readily apparent to the end user that something even happened.

I’m not sure why the Joomla 2.5 version of the template was changed, but I wish you’d change it back. 🙂

You can see how I’d like the slideshow module to work at the original URL (the name of the site + .com), which is still online until this new Joomla 2.5 version is working 100%, and then the URL will get pointed to this new site).

I’ve looked for help with this, but the only other people seeming to have this problem were advised to hack the template, and I’m hoping that’s not necessary. Can’t this module simply be told using a setting somewhere to open the content in a Single Article layout? (Though why it was ever told to open its content on the homepage is beyond me.)

Your swift assistance is GREATLY appreciated.

Matt

Sherlock Friend

Hi Matt,

Here I want to make it clear that the module is not related to where the articles should be opened, this is concerning joomla core function, In joomla an article is opened at the home page if there have not been a menu item pointing to it or pointing to the category it belong to, this is also true for joomla 1.5, in your joomla 1.5 site you are seeing your articles is opened under a single article layout because there are menu items that is referring to those articles and there are not modules is assigned to showing under those menu items.
    Do you got the ideal ? Now you just create menu items that pointing to those articles (or pointing to their categories) showing under your slideshow module, also do not assign any modules to display under those created menu items.
    I hope this would help !

synapsis Friend

I want to believe what you’re saying, as it sounds correct. But there are no menu items pointing to any of the articles appearing on my J1.5 site’s JA_Slideshow. There never has been. They’re simply appearing on the slideshow because of the category they were assigned to, and they open in a Single Article layout when Read More is clicked. I’ve double-checked. They are not assigned to any menu item.

In the J2.5 JA_Slideshow, when Read More is clicked, they open on the homepage. Again, they only appear in the slideshow module because they were assigned to that category. They are not assigned to any menu item (just like my J1.5 site).

I’ve tried your suggestion by creating a menu called Hidden Menu, and creating a menu item for one of the articles in my slideshow to see if what you’re suggesting would work, but that article still opens on the homepage, not the Single Article layout I linked it to. I cleared the T3 cache and my browser’s cache, so I don’t think it’s a caching issue.

You have the login information. If you think you can make it work, you have my permission to log in and show me what I’m doing wrong. Thank you again, very much, for your assistance in this matter.

synapsis Friend

Please consider this thread still open. I still need a solution. I’ve tried what was suggested. It didn’t change anything. My problem still exists. Thank you for the additional assistance.

synapsis Friend

Okay… here’s the solution.

No amount of cache clearing will fix this unless you make sure that the module’s Advanced Options are set to Don’t Cache. Once you do that, the menu items you created for the articles (as Dat Hoang explained) WILL start to work. Until then, they won’t.

Hope this saves someone a great deal of frustration. 🙂

Sherlock Friend

Hi synapsis,

You are right, don’t forget to disable caching for the module under the module’s Advanced Options.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum