Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hi guys!
    I’m having a problem with the ja-slideshow module.

I wanted to have the #ja-header and #ja-mainnav modules on a fixed position and got it working.
    Unfortunately the slideshow module jumped to the top of the page/browser. (which seems logic to me)

I tried to find and edit the right code and found it by using mozilla firebug:

I played around with the height settings, added “padding-top:115px” and it actually worked on the live mozilla preview.

Then I went to edit the actual CSS file (template/ja_tiris/css/template.css)
    and found the right line to edit. But after editing the code it didn’t work out on the website.

Any help is highly appreciated! Thanks.

1. Schermafbeelding-2015-05-13-om-14.11.34
    TomC Moderator

It would be helpful if you could provide the url of the site you’re working on, so we can see/inspect the issue online

TomC Moderator

It would be helpful if you could provide the url of the site you’re working on, so we can see/inspect the issue online

rsystems Friend

Hi TomC,

I thought i’ve added the url, but here it is:
    http://www.rebo.nl

Looking forward to your reply!

TomC Moderator

Okay, now I just need to know what YOU are seeing (and want) versus what I am seeing when I bring up your site. It seems to look pretty good to me – but I may not be seeing the specific issue you’re referring to.

rsystems Friend

Hi Tom,

This is what I’m currently seeing:

And this is what it should look like:

As you might see there’s quite a big part of the sliders’ top missing (now hidden behind the menu/head).
    The whole slideshow module got pushed upwards after I set the ja-header and ja-mainnav to a fixed position.

This is the weirdest: When I inspect the page using firebug and dig into the css (with firebug) I don’t see the value I’ve added to the original CSS file (padding-top: 115px).
    So when I add that value -in firebug- it actually works and the slideshow module hops down to the correct position.
    But after that I go to the original CSS file (back-end) I DO see the correct value but somehow it doesn’t show up correctly on the front-end.

I hope this clears up my issue, as English isn’t my native language. 😉

Thanks for the support!

1. Example-1
    2. Example-2
    rsystems Friend

Hi Tom,

I decided to make a screen recording to make sure you understand my issue.

TomC Moderator

In which CSS file did you enter your modification?

TomC Moderator

In which CSS file did you enter your modification?

rsystems Friend

/templates/ja_tiris/css/template.css

TomC Moderator

Are you using the slideshow component that came with the template?

For some strange reason, it is not letting me “inspect” the CSS for the slideshow function on your site.

rsystems Friend

I’m using Smart Slider 2 as the actual slideshow extension/plugin but it’s set on the (Tiris) templates’ slideshow module position.
    I’ve disabled right-click on the slider itself, but you should be able to inspect the module position by right-clicking somewhere next to the slider (right or left)

rsystems Friend

I’m using Smart Slider 2 as the actual slideshow extension/plugin but it’s set on the (Tiris) templates’ slideshow module position.
    I’ve disabled right-click on the slider itself, but you should be able to inspect the module position by right-clicking somewhere next to the slider (right or left)

TomC Moderator

<em>@rsystems 474561 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m using Smart Slider 2 as the actual slideshow extension/plugin but it’s set on the (Tiris) templates’ slideshow module position.
    I’ve disabled right-click on the slider itself, but you should be able to inspect the module position by right-clicking somewhere next to the slider (right or left)</blockquote>

There is something that is preventing me from right clicking on the slider and inspecting the code.
    I’ve never seen this before – even with other third party components :((

rsystems Friend

It’s a simple setting inside Smart Slider 2, where you can disable right-click, so don’t worry about that.
    I’ve enabled right-click again so you should be able to inspect it now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rsystems 9 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum