Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Hi @scottymac1979,

I’ve managed to figure out the problem, just open file templatesuberjsscript.js and at the end of this file :

//Smooth scrolling for anchor
    (function($) {
    $(document).ready(function(){
    $('a').click(function(){
    $('html, body').animate({
    scrollTop: $( $(this).attr('href') ).offset().top
    }, 500);
    return false;
    });
    });
    })(jQuery);

this is incorrect as it will affect all hyperlinks, please let me know what is the purpose of this script so I can adjust it for you.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @scottymac1979,

I’ve managed to figure out the problem, just open file templatesuberjsscript.js and at the end of this file :

(function($) {
    $('a').click(function(){
    }, 500);
    return false;
    });
    });
    })(jQuery);

this is incorrect as it will affect all hyperlinks, please let me know what is the purpose of this script so I can adjust it for you.

scottymac1979 Friend

Any updates on this issue as yet ? or alternatively can anyone think of a different approach to displaying the slideshow info ?

I forgot to mention also that the testimonials component also has the same issue.

Any ideas will be much appreciated as it has been a couple of weeks now and I’m keen to get the site launched.

Thanks,

scottymac1979 Friend

Any updates on this issue as yet ? or alternatively can anyone think of a different approach to displaying the slideshow info ?

I forgot to mention also that the testimonials component also has the same issue.

Any ideas will be much appreciated as it has been a couple of weeks now and I’m keen to get the site launched.

Thanks,

scottymac1979 Friend

<em>@Adam M 499337 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @scottymac1979,

(function($) {
    $('a').click(function(){
    }, 500);
    return false;
    });
    });
    })(jQuery);

this is incorrect as it will affect all hyperlinks, please let me know what is the purpose of this script so I can adjust it for you.</blockquote>

Thanks Adam,

I got it off a thread on here actually, although I forget which !

It was to do with smooth scrolling down the page to the anchors

scottymac1979 Friend

(function($) {
    $('a').click(function(){
    }, 500);
    return false;
    });
    });
    })(jQuery);

this is incorrect as it will affect all hyperlinks, please let me know what is the purpose of this script so I can adjust it for you.</blockquote>

Thanks Adam,

I got it off a thread on here actually, although I forget which !

It was to do with smooth scrolling down the page to the anchors

scottymac1979 Friend

(function($) {
    $('a').click(function(){
    }, 500);
    return false;
    });
    });
    })(jQuery);

I’ve removed that code and can confirm the slideshows etc. are now working again, however is there a way to get uber to scroll (downwards) to anchors smoothly ?

scottymac1979 Friend

(function($) {
    $('a').click(function(){
    }, 500);
    return false;
    });
    });
    })(jQuery);

I’ve removed that code and can confirm the slideshows etc. are now working again, however is there a way to get uber to scroll (downwards) to anchors smoothly ?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @scottymac1979,

You can add class to a hyperlink (i.e scroll) that you want to apply smooth scroll to it, then adjust the JS code as below :

(function($) {
    $('a.scroll').click(function(){
    }, 500);
    return false;
    });
    });
    })(jQuery);

Adam M Moderator

Hi @scottymac1979,

You can add class to a hyperlink (i.e scroll) that you want to apply smooth scroll to it, then adjust the JS code as below :

(function($) {
    }, 500);
    return false;
    });
    });
    })(jQuery);

scottymac1979 Friend

<em>@Adam M 499499 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @scottymac1979,

(function($) {
    }, 500);
    return false;
    });
    });
    })(jQuery);

</blockquote>

Brilliant, that works great in my custom html modules etc. ….. just one final thing if you don’t mind (no rush, I know you are busy).

Is there a way that I could edit the buttons within the slideshow CSS so that they use the scroll class by default ?

I could possibly work it out myself but just don’t want to mess it up now that it is so close.

Thanks again for all of you help with this (and teaching me something along the way)

scottymac1979 Friend

<em>@Adam M 499499 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @scottymac1979,

(function($) {
    }, 500);
    return false;
    });
    });
    })(jQuery);

</blockquote>

Brilliant, that works great in my custom html modules etc. ….. just one final thing if you don’t mind (no rush, I know you are busy).

Is there a way that I could edit the buttons within the slideshow CSS so that they use the scroll class by default ?

I could possibly work it out myself but just don’t want to mess it up now that it is so close.

Thanks again for all of you help with this (and teaching me something along the way)

Adam M Moderator

Hi @scottymac1979,

Actually, the slide in Slideshow is not defined in the slideshow itself but it load a JA ACM – Hero module there instead, so if you modify the code for those buttons, it will be applied to all JA ACM – Hero type modules (unless you only use JA ACM – Hero in Slideshow).

Anyway, to update as request, you can open file templatesuberacmherotmplstyle-1.php and look for this line and add the class as suggested :

<a href="<?php echo trim($btnFirstLink); ?>" title="<?php echo trim($btnFirstText); ?>" class="btn btn-primary btn-rounded"><?php echo trim($btnFirstText); ?></a>

Adam M Moderator

Hi @scottymac1979,

Actually, the slide in Slideshow is not defined in the slideshow itself but it load a JA ACM – Hero module there instead, so if you modify the code for those buttons, it will be applied to all JA ACM – Hero type modules (unless you only use JA ACM – Hero in Slideshow).

Anyway, to update as request, you can open file templatesuberacmherotmplstyle-1.php and look for this line and add the class as suggested :

<a href="<?php echo trim($btnFirstLink); ?>" title="<?php echo trim($btnFirstText); ?>" class="btn btn-primary btn-rounded"><?php echo trim($btnFirstText); ?></a>

scottymac1979 Friend

<em>@Adam M 499845 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @scottymac1979,

</blockquote>

That works perfectly … site completed !

Thanks so much for all of your help with this, you’re a legend … Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  scottymac1979 8 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum