Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I am having trouble getting my slideshow to work how I need it to.

Currently the images that are in portrait orientation are being stretched to match the width of the slideshow. I would like the images to not be stretched so that I can see the entire height of the portrait images. I tried to make some edits but it rendered my child menus broken on the front page (slideshow page).

Any help would be appreciated.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

In backend settings of this JA Slideshow Lite module, you can set the Main item height and Main item width to Auto so that the source image will be used.

Please give it a go.

w00tsite Friend

Thank you for your response.

The settings were already set to auto/auto. Any other suggestions?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

It seems that the CSS rule of this JA Slideshow Lite module set the max-height for the div displaying the image, you can try opening file: /templates/ja_lens/css/mod_jaslideshowlite.css , line 13

.ja-ss-wrap {
    max-height: 720px; <<< change to a greater value
    overflow: hidden;
    position: relative;
    width: 100%;
    z-index: 1;
    }

you can change the max-height value to your desired value, as I can see via your site, images in this slideshow module have different height.

w00tsite Friend

All that seems to do is change the boundary of the images. I want the portrait images to respect the height restriction so that the entire image is view able with a height of 720px. They will also keep their scale so the width of the images will decrease.

I have removed all the landscape images so you can see when the entire image is displayed.

Hope that makes sense.

w00tsite Friend

Any update on this? I tried adding a transparent background to the portrait size images. They look fine when viewing on a normal sized screen but when I pull it up on the phone, the image is extremely small.:((

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Do you mean the background added in mod_jaslideshowlite.css file?

.ja-ss-item img {
    background: #FFF;
    width: 100%;
    }

Could you pm me admin and FTP account and send me screenshot of how you want to achieve?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 11 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum