Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone,

It has been a long day, so please bear with me on this one… I have used the Rasite template, and basically cut away at the template so it displays in a very simple manner. I know I risk doing something to break the site, but have done a fair few sites like this and think I have done everthing correctly 😮

However the main slideshow will not display correctly in Internet Explorer 8. Well the slideshow works correctly, but the background shadow and corner elements do not.

Load the site in Chrome and Safari and it is perfect. I have double checked the template divs to make sure they match the original, and that they are closed properly etc.

Here is the site: http://www.logicel.net/

Any advice or help would by much appreciated, my eyes/back/neck/will to live have given up on me 🙂

uniquebiz Friend

Hi Hamish
    I am getting no problem with the slideshow displaying correctly, rotating fine or linking to the shop section on IE 8. I do however get the following error message generated by IE8 when the link has completed to the cart area and the new page has rendered.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3)
    Timestamp: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 08:18:23 UTC

Line: 19
    Char: 27021
    Code: 0
    URI: http://logicel.net/shop/catalog/view/javascript/jquery/jquery-1.3.2.min.js

I am NOT using compatibility mode and am running Windows 7 32 bit version of IE by default, and also have checked in the 64 bit version of IE 8 and see the exact same results inc the error message

Hope this assists you in rectifying the source of the problem after you get some rest and start refreshed tomorrow , perhaps?
    Blessings Shannon

hamishpalmer Friend

<em>@uniquebiz 185031 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Hamish
    I am getting no problem with the slideshow displaying correctly, rotating fine or linking to the shop section on IE 8. I do however get the following error message generated by IE8 when the link has completed to the cart area and the new page has rendered.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3)
    Timestamp: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 08:18:23 UTC

Line: 19
    Char: 27021
    Code: 0
    URI: http://logicel.net/shop/catalog/view/javascript/jquery/jquery-1.3.2.min.js

I am NOT using compatibility mode and am running Windows 7 32 bit version of IE by default, and also have checked in the 64 bit version of IE 8 and see the exact same results inc the error message

Hope this assists you in rectifying the source of the problem after you get some rest and start refreshed tomorrow , perhaps?
    Blessings Shannon</blockquote>

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for looking into it – as mentioned earlier the slideshow works perfectly, it is the background image/border that is not displaying correctly (I am not worred about any cart issues at this stage):

You can see the difference around the slideshow between the two browsers. What is interesting is that when the slideshow is disabled and normal HTML is added to the “top” module position, it displays correctly in both IE8 and Chrome:

So I am thinking it is maybe an underlying Javascript issue, or I need to modify the Z-index so everything is displayed in the right order… Still with it working correctly as static HTML, am thinking it has to be something javascripty.

Also out of interest I published another jscript slideshow module from another company to the same position, and had the same issue…

1. ie8
    2. chrome
    3. ie8-noslideshow
    hamishpalmer Friend

Apologies to waste everyone’s time – I uploaded the original template files from Joomlart, and started to add in my changes bit by bit, which has worked.

Not sure what the issue was, but bound to have been something I changed without realising!!! :-[

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  hamishpalmer 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum