Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Seems like all the mambots out there for slimbox, lightbox, etc. conflict with Joomlart Templates because of the Java Script. Can you make a template and integrate Slimbox Image Gallery into the template? The gallery I am talking about is like this http://demo.joomlaworks.org/content/view/14/32/ or like this http://demo.rockettheme.com/apr07/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=37
    If you could that wold be great because all of my clients love this type of photo gallery. Especially property developers in Florida. Thanks

ShannonN Friend

Konstantakos;12438Seems like all the mambots out there for slimbox, lightbox, etc. conflict with Joomlart Templates because of the Java Script. Can you make a template and integrate Slimbox Image Gallery into the template? The gallery I am talking about is like this http://demo.joomlaworks.org/content/view/14/32/ or like this http://demo.rockettheme.com/apr07/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=37
    If you could that wold be great because all of my clients love this type of photo gallery. Especially property developers in Florida. Thanks

I think JA is right to get away as far as possible from 3rd party mambots, you cannot design a template that will accommodate every single major component/mambot there is, JA are taking the view I believe they will make their own versions of many popular mambots etc
    Keeping testing, quality control and compatibility with JA templates

Buy the showcase extension when the extensions club opens for business teh showcase is in use at the JA showcase page here

If you want a decent real estate site use open realty ( in standalone mode) and pay 25 US for one of their templates it has a built in slideshow etc etc why spend hours playing with mambots etc

I have a site under development using it here

The client hasn’t done any updating etc so it is only basic till he adds stuff
    Hope this gives food for thought
    Cheers ShannonN

swemmel Friend

Hi Konstantakos,

Most of the conflicts with slimbox, thickbox, lightbox and others are caused by conflicts between mootools and moo.fx. When you use this 2 libraries together at 1 page you have a big chance to get a conflict.

On my website I use ZoomGallery as photo-album. The pictures are shown in lightbox without any problem in my Xenia-template and in my JA-Utahia II-template.

Regards,

Peter.

starlab Friend

I’m using this on my web site with uthaiaII and works fine and it’s very fine!

harleydavidsons Friend

It work … for me thank guy.

wooohanetworks Friend

There are many more ways to present pictures. Personally I do not stick with the Joomla in-built Lightbox. None of the serious commercial sites use Lightbox. Reasons are obvious. The picture opens in the lightbox and the rest of the content of the site becomes inaccessible. This is not very useful to read and look at the same time, like it is preferred by the most people. I would implement the usual popup or Highslide. But Lightbox or Slimbox is the last option to go with, seriously. Personally I avoid any site using this option as mostly there are many more with the same content or products that do not. Especially in the RE Business, I would stick to the usual stuff. Some may say in the first moment, “Ah, interesting…the picture opens differently..” but after some time it will nerve the people for real and they will want to have the usual option they know in and out and like the most. Most also often like to open a picture, look at it, put the pop up aside for a moment to read, getting back to the picture, with Lightbox and it’s derivates that is not possible and so a minuspoint for a commercial website.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  wooohanetworks 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum