Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

I really like your template!
    What I don’t like is how it is displayed on Iphones and other devices at this size.

All I want is, that the homepage is responsive from 768px – ∞ but I really do not like the mobile version. So how can I deactivate the mobile version, smaller than 768 px?

At the Iphones and devices smaller than 768px, the 768px version should be shown.

How can we realize that?

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

First, please take a look at our documentation here, you will see this part :

// Extra small screen / phone
    // Note: Deprecated @screen-xs and @screen-phone as of v3.0.1
    @screen-xs: 480px;
    @screen-xs-min: @screen-xs;
    @screen-phone: @screen-xs-min;

If you don’t want to use the layout applied here, just change the value 480px to a smaller value, i.e 10px so smaller screen still use the layout from 768px.

gentleman2405 Friend

Hi @adam M,

I tried this but i did not help… I changed the variables.less file at /root/templates/ja_appolio/less and replaced the 480 with 10… no difference… :-[

the slideshow also disapears – and I really want to have that on iphones.

any idea what will help me?!

Less than 768 px
    more than 768 px

1. less-than-768
    2. more-than-768
    Adam M Moderator

Hi,

Could you please provide a temporary back-end account via private reply so I can take a closer look ?

gentleman2405 Friend

@adam M,

could you see anything online?

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Please navigate to Admin >>> Extensions >>> Template Manager >>> choose template style JA_Appolio – Home Page >>> switch to tab General >>> enable Development Mode and disable Optimize CSS.

Then change the value in root_folder/templates/ja_appolio/less/variables.less as mentioned in previous reply.

If you want to use CSS file, just go back to Admin >>> Extensions >>> Template Manager >>> choose template style JA_Appolio – Home Page >>> hit the button LESS to CSS, wait until the process is finished, disable Development Mode and go back to front-end to see the result.

About the slideshow in mobile layout, please open file root_folder/templates/ja_appolio/css/custom.css (if you don’t have this file, just create a new one) and add this code :

.t3-video {
    display: block !important;
    }

Save your file and recheck.

gentleman2405 Friend

Hi @adam M,

I tried that but it didn’t help. :((
    The parallax pictures are still hiding…

What about disabling the responsive feature at all, so Iphones and tablets will see the page exactly as every pc browser user?!
    Would that be easier?

Emanuel

gentleman2405 Friend

It would be perfect if the homepage would be shown like this at iPhones! People could zoom in and out!
    So what, if we would select the smallest resolution of the homepage to be 800px Weidth?
    That would solve the problems, @adam M?

1. image
    Adam M Moderator

Hi @gentleman2405,

In this case, please navigate to Admin >>> Extensions >>> Template Manager >>> choose your template >>> switch to tab General >>> turn off parameter Responsive >>> then you will see parameter Non-Responsive Width after that >>> type in 800px >>> Save your settings and recheck.

gentleman2405 Friend

@adam M,

unfortunately this is not helping, I am sorry. I want the template to be 100% width when more then 800px resultion, but never smaller than 800px width…

With this opportunity, the wonderful style of the template is broken 🙁

not working…

Adam M Moderator

Hi @gentleman2405,

Please provide a temporary FTP account via private reply, I will update the code as requested for you.

gentleman2405 Friend

Hi @adam M,

could you see something and maybe fix the problem?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @gentleman2405,

I have created a back up of your current CSS files and update the change for you. Please navigate to Admin >>> Extensions >>> Template Manager >>> choose your template >>> choose Compile LESS to CSS then check the result.

gentleman2405 Friend

Hi @adam M,

I tried it before I compiled Less to CSS. Looked pretty good. But since I compiled Less to CSS it looks bad. Everything is way to big and I cant zoom!

This i not good – can we delete those files which accured by pressing “Less to CSS”?
    Your login datas still work!

Adam M Moderator

Hi @gentleman2405,

I have reverted all CSS files for you, except custom.css file, please recheck.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum