Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hey,

First off, love JA Wall, wow!

I’m working on getting some of the social feeds setup, in particular a Youtube channel. However, in the parameter settings, when I select K2 for Target Component, and then click on the drop down to select the category, only one of my categories is being displayed out of 11. Not sure what I’m missing. I’m using Joomla 2.5.17 and K2 2.6.7.

Thanks!
    Chris

phong nam Friend

Hi Chris,

At the moment, the JA System Social Feed plugin is not compatible with Joomla 2.5.17, its social profile settings can not be configured. This bug might also causes the issue you are getting.

I have raised a bug report to our developers for troubleshooting, you can keep track on status at http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECPLGSOCIALFEED-71. Hope you can be patient on this.

christobals Friend

Hi Leo,

Thank your for the update; I appreciate it. I’ll just use Joomla’s category system instead of K2’s for the social feeds.

Chris

paddythorne Friend

<em>@Leo Burnetts 406366 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Chris,

At the moment, the JA System Social Feed plugin is not compatible with Joomla 2.5.17, its social profile settings can not be configured. This bug might also causes the issue you are getting.

I have raised a bug report to our developers for troubleshooting, you can keep track on status at http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECPLGSOCIALFEED-71. Hope you can be patient on this.</blockquote>

Hi, I am using the very latest version of Joomla 3.2.1 and I have the latest version of K2 installed.
    I am having this very same issue, where I cannot select a K2 category from the Plugin settings page.
    I paid for this extension purely so that I could use it for my new website, can you please let me know when this bug will be fixed as at the moment it is not fit for purpose.
    Please get back to me as soon as possible.
    Paddy

phong nam Friend

Please open jat3.js file in pluginssystemjasocial_feedelementsassetsjs path, then insert code block below into the end of file (remember to back your file first):

function getParentByClassName (el, classname) {
    if($(el)){
    var parent = $(el).getParent();
    if(parent!=null){
    while (parent!=null && !parent.hasClass(classname)) {
    parent = parent.getParent();
    }
    return parent;
    }
    }
    return null;
    }

Clear System Cache after updating any changes and try running the cron to import social data into K2 category again.

paddythorne Friend

Hi, thanks for your reply.
    I have tried this and sadly I still cannot select any of the Categories I have set up in K2.
    I just have the text ‘- Select K2 categories’ in the dropdown, not any of the categories.
    Can you suggest anything else?
    Thanks in advance.

christobals Friend

Hi Leo,

Thank you for that piece of code. It did allow me to see the profile settings, but only two of my 11 categories are showing now in the K2 Category field when I select K2 as the Target Component. :((

Chris

carlucci Friend

<em>@christobals 407565 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Leo,

Thank you for that piece of code. It did allow me to see the profile settings, but only two of my 11 categories are showing now in the K2 Category field when I select K2 as the Target Component. :((

Chris</blockquote>

Hi Chris,
    I do not quite understand your post. I use Ja-Wall and may be of interest to me.
    Could you put a link to your website, to understand better.?
    I will be grateful.
    Regrads

my link : http://dietapino.com

phong nam Friend

@chris, paddythorne: This is another issue of JA System Feed Social plugin on new Joomla update. I have raised a bug report to our developer to update the fix of this issue. You can check status at http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECPLGSOCIALFEED-73

Once the update or at least the temporary fix from our developer is available, I will update you accordingly.

phong nam Friend

Hey guys,

Below is the fix of K2 category list issue on our JA System Social Feed plugin:

– Backup and open …pluginssystemjasocial_feedelementscategoryk2.php file at 182 line, change:

} else {
    $list[$id] = new stdClass();
    $list[$id]->haschild = false;
    }

to:

} else {
    //$list[$id] = new stdClass();
    $list[$id]->haschild = false;
    }

– Clear System cache after updating change. You can see the result at my end as follows.

1. social_k2_category
    paddythorne Friend

Hi Leo,
    Great, thanks for getting back to me.
    This has worked and I can now access the K2 categories 🙂
    Great support, thank you.
    All the best,
    Paddy

phong nam Friend

You’re welcome, Paddy 😉

christobals Friend

Hi,

Thanks for posting that fix! I’ll check it out and get back to you to confirm it’s working on my end.

As always, thank you!
    Chris

christobals Friend

Awesome, you guys rock! That did the trick; thank you!

Chris

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  christobals 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum