Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Me again!
    I also need to add a logo to sit at the bottom of the left column, but above the footer, across all site pages. I’ve tried by creating a module and positioning it in ‘left’ but can get it to sit at the bottom. Any suggestions.

I’ve attached an example of how/where i’d like the logo….

Many thanks

1. Picture-34
    dlocc Friend

Give your module a class suffix and use CSS to call the module class suffix and add the appropriate padding from the bottom. Do you get what I’m saying? If not we can jump into more details.

dozza Friend

dlocc

I’d appreciate a liitle more detail. Can i still assign the module to ‘left’ but give it a ‘vertical-align:bottom; ?

I’m competent with xhtml/css – where do I define the CSS class? In template_css.css?

The site is at http://www.lefp.co.uk/index.php and i’m trying to set the RICS logo in the left column to sit at the bottom of the column.

Many thanks

dlocc Friend

Alrighty,

Yes the module will still be assigned to the left position. Give you module a class suffix if it needs it and in your template_css.css scroll all the way to the bottom use CSS to call the div and align it.

I see that you have already been playing around with it after inspecting your site with firebug. Having any luck?

dozza Friend

Which DIV? What’s it’s name? is it div.moduletable ?

dlocc Friend

um, I see that it is called “moduletable_bingo”

dozza Friend

OK. I now have control of the module styling…. Given it a class suffix of _bingo and in my template_css.css have targeted the div with following…

/* Dom Custom Module Logo left bott */
    #ja-col1 div.moduletable_bingo {
    padding-top: 60px;
    margin-bottom: 15px;
    background-color: #d0ff74;
    }

How do I get it to stick to the bottom of the column though? My css is letting me down here..

dozza Friend

For reference, this is how I ended up sorting it out.

I added a new module position called ‘user10’ to templateDetails.xml.

Then I inserted the module position, in index.php, within an existing footer div. I then wrapped the module position (in index.php) in a div and applied some absolute positioning via some css in template_css.css to position the new module above the footer at the bottom of the left column.

Obvious?

dlocc Friend

Good job man, nice posting!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dlocc 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum