Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

When I check if the website is XHTML 1.0 Transitional, I get 1 error per menu item. I get the following errors from validator.w3.org:

# Warning Line 78, Column 115: character “&” is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data.

…ntent&view=frontpage&Itemid=1&9a64e05c2aad0b845e59d9400628150d=25fd8a

This message may appear in several cases:

* You tried to include the “<” character in your page: you should escape it as “<“
    * You used an unescaped ampersand “&”: this may be valid in some contexts, but it is recommended to use “&”, which is always safe.
    * Another possibility is that you forgot to close quotes in a previous tag.

# Warning Line 163, Column 143: character “&” is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data.

…waHA/dmlldz1hcnRpY2xlJmlkPTI6d2Vsa29t&9a64e05c2aad0b845e59d9400628150d=25fd8a

This message may appear in several cases:

* You tried to include the “<” character in your page: you should escape it as “<“
    * You used an unescaped ampersand “&”: this may be valid in some contexts, but it is recommended to use “&”, which is always safe.
    * Another possibility is that you forgot to close quotes in a previous tag.

# Error Line 78, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: xmlParseEntityRef: no name.

…”><a href=”/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1&9a64…

# Error Line 163, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: xmlParseEntityRef: no name.

…tmpl=component&link=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5ub2xpbS1pdC5ubC9pbmRleC5waHA/dmlldz1hc…

I am a beginner at joomla or html. I tried to search for the strings mentioned in the errors, but I’m not able to find them anywhere.

How can I solve these errors?

I hope anybody can help me.

Thanks,
    Raymond

Sherlock Friend

Can you send me base.class.php file (templates/ja_corona/ja_menus/) ?

raymondjansen Friend

Sure, here it is. Thanks!

1. Base.class_.zip
    raymondjansen Friend

I installed the quickstart edition, same problem.

Anyone??

Nam Nguyen Phi Friend

For some reasons, there are some strange parameter in url of your menu item. Example:
    view=frontpage&Itemid=1&9a64e05c2aa d0b845e59d9400628150d=25fd8a
    They are the cause of that problem.
    I’ve test XHTML complain with Ja corona demo, it good.
    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://template15.joomlart.com/ja_corona/

Regard.

raymondjansen Friend

Yes, I noticed too that the demo is compliant. However, when I install at my site, from the quickstart edition, and when I test immediately after install without making any changes, I allready get this error.

How do these strange parameters get in the menu items. I really don’t know!

Regards,
    Raymond

Sherlock Friend

Seem you haven’t change anything in base.class.php. Have u download latest version ?1379
    I have changed something in base.class.php, you can try to use it, maybe it can help you

raymondjansen Friend

I have tried with the file you supplied, however there is no change.

I have not changed any file from the quickstart edition 1.1 for Joomla 1.5. Strange thing!

Thanks for your try,
    Raymond

Nam Nguyen Phi Friend

Hi raymondjansen,
    Can you give me admin account (PM)?
    I want to review your main menu?
    Regards.

Nam Nguyen Phi Friend

I’ve received admin account.
    1. One error is rised from Home menu item. The cause of this problem is Parameter of SSL Enable (in admin page of Home menu item).
    You set it with “Ignore”. Pls set it with “Off” value.
    2. The remain error is rised from Email icon. I don’t know the cause of this problem. I’ve set this icon not display on you site. It’s OK.
    Regards.

raymondjansen Friend

Thank you very much, indeed resolved!

Kind regards,
    Raymond

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raymondjansen 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum