Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi

I am using ja-rochea template and i tried to install slide show gallery in ja-rochea but im getting an error message and warning messages. I have uploaded 4 pictures and it displays one the first pictures and continues with warnings.

please reply me,
    Thanks in advance.

1. Bug
    kani Friend

Hi,

Why there is no reply for the template problem. PLEASE someone solve this problem. Tell me i can use slide gallery in ja-rohea.

Thanks,

Menalto Friend

You can but you need to do more than just install it. i just did it on Bellatrix.

bluecafe Friend

you need to change the rights for your images folder to chmod 777.
    You can do this with your ftp-program:

http://www.stadtaus.com/en/tutorials/chmod-ftp-file-permissions.php

kani Friend

Hi bluecafe,

I changed the permission of pictures and folders in ftp server but its not working properly. Please guide me.

Thanks.

1. Bug1
    bluecafe Friend

Hi kani,
    first follow these instructions to get your left navigation to work
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/i-have-a-problem-to-show-the-left-navigation-image-in-the-slideshowgallery/

Then you just need to adjust number and size of thumbnails that they fit
    in the column of your template. The thumbnails obviously need to be
    smaller and maybe you need to reduce the number too since the column
    doesn’t look very wide …

You can adjust size and number in the paramater settings of the module in the backend.
    Good luck!

kani Friend

Hi Bluecafe,

I reinstalled slideshow gallery module in my ftp server.Now the left direction error is not coming thanks. I reduced the size and number in the parameter setting but its not working. Can you please figure out what mistake im doing.

Best regards,
    Kani.

1. bug2
    kani Friend

Hello All,

Please give me the solution to my problem.:((

Thanks.

kani Friend

<em>@Menalto 29587 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can but you need to do more than just install it. i just did it on Bellatrix.</blockquote>

HI Menalto,

What changes i should do to get a proper layout. Please guide me. I have hosted my website already and i am trying to install this module to my hosted website.

Best wishes

bluecafe Friend

<em>@kani 29603 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Bluecafe,

I reinstalled slideshow gallery module in my ftp server.Now the left direction error is not coming thanks. I reduced the size and number in the parameter setting but its not working. Can you please figure out what mistake im doing.

Best regards,
    Kani.</blockquote>

Obviously you did not resize the size of your thumbnails. It’s just a matter of maths.
    If your gallery is about 170px wide you cannot put 4 thumbnails with a width of 60px in one row below (4 x 60px = 240px but you have only 170px width available). You need to reduce both, width of thumbnails and number of thumbnails, until the row of thumbnails fits below your image.

kani Friend

Hi Bluecafe,

I have reduced the width and number of thumbnails, but itz not working. The same error appears again. Please guide me to solve.

Thanks and regards,
    Kani:((

1. parameters
    2. bug
    bluecafe Friend

Now that’s strange because there are way more than 2 thumbnails and a number of them bigger than the others. Have you cleared the cache? Although it actually shouldn’t be cache problem .. but you never know.

I would suggest to deinstall and then make a clean reinstall of the module and see if it works then. Or just use another image module. There are a number of free image gallery modules available in the extension section of joomla org and this is sometime quicker than wasting hours over hours on looking for a bug solution … 🙂

kani Friend

Hi bluecafe,

I solved the problem now. 🙂

1. Download JA slide show Gallery form JA Koniga folder.
    2. Install module, public and config it ( You can find it in to user guide).
    3. Copy gallery.css into css folder form JA Koniga to css folder of JA Rochea.
    4. Open the index.php file and paste this code section into the index.php file.

Code:

<link href=”<?php echo $ja_template_path;?>/css/gallery.css” rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” />

i did these stuff to solve the problem. Now its working. Please see this link http://www.prowess.com

Only problem is i want to place this slideshow gallery in slideshow displayed next to search, but its not working.It works only in the 2::ja-slideshow gallery in left module position.

bluecafe Friend

ah … the css file! That’s tricky to think of if using another template … congrats to your gallery, looks nice on the site!

kani Friend

HI Blucafe,

Thanks a lot

Best Regards,
    Kani:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kani 16 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum