Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Sounds interesting, care to shed any light?

Hung Dinh Friend

Yes, we are going to have some Joomla Extension at enterprise level here at JA.

Stay tuned, I will bring more details tomorrow

PS: What is the best job board system you have seen?

SP Media Friend

Tp Jobs has one by templateplazza, which is fairly basic. The system works in the demo, but lacks severely in real use.

http://demo.templateplazza.net/?template=jobs_plazza

I have a running demo online should you want to play around with it’s admin side. Just send me a pm and I’ll set you up a user account.

The most robust one available to the public I’ve come across is from:

http://www.netartmedia.net/jobsportal/

TomC Moderator

spmedia;133244Tp Jobs has one by templateplazza, which is fairly basic. The system works in the demo, but lacks severely in real use. The most robust one available to the public I’ve come across is from:

I have a running demo online should you want to play around with it.

The thing is, need to make sure that, if such a component were to be introduced here, that it is thoroughly tested for bugs BEFORE it is released.

SP Media Friend

I’d imagine that’s something JA would definitely do tcraw.

jay973 Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 133236 wrote:</em><blockquote>PS: What is the best job board system you have seen?</blockquote>

I’m using Jobs by Instant Php which can be seen at
    http://www.instantphp.com/store/details/6/5/joomla-components/jobs/jobs.html

It’s nice and stable and the developers are actively developing it with regular upgrades and features.

Cheers,

J.

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@spmedia 133244 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    The most robust one available to the public I’ve come across is from:

</blockquote>

Are you kidding, a company that recommends to get a 7.95$ HostGator hosting account for their softwares? Look at Iboutique Mall, do you know that no one will ever use such service, to get an own store from a tiny provider using a turnkey solution on a HostGator webspace. To run such system successfully you need either cluster servers or cloud storage that can handle like 10000 visitors each day in numerous shops with maybe 100000 products for the very start of it. Successful malls like those have like 300000 visitors daily with like 3000000 products in 10000 shops on their servers.

Kind of unrealistic offering and a true money burner, like all those other turnkey stuff like aúction system, job boards and so on. For what it should be intended as use, to generate you money you can live from, 190$ will not make it to that, sorry.

Seems to be the offering for a little small town in Idaho.:D or any other thing I would keep my hands from. When you spend 1$ and only get 1Cent in return, the time spent is not worth it.

I hope JA does not do this step into turnkey stuff even when it is an “enterprise” solution. Better make some professional other softwares and first of all, get the JA and JM templates bug free, how will it be when now another System is offered here. Another JA Sulfur release would be annoying, TP released their system without those errors in it, maybe they are just more close to Azrul and stuff, keeping it more non business with their site.

SP Media Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 133344 wrote:</em><blockquote>Are you kidding, a company that recommends to get a 7.95$ HostGator hosting account for their softwares?[/quote]

I couldnt care less what they were hosted from, provided that I could achieve what I set out to and maybe more from the solutions that they provide.

<em>@wooohanetworks 133344 wrote:</em><blockquote>Look at Iboutique Mall, do you know that no one will ever use such service, to get an own store from a tiny provider using a turnkey solution on a HostGator webspace. To run such system successfully you need either cluster servers or cloud storage that can handle like 10000 visitors each day in numerous shops with maybe 100000 products for the very start of it. Successful malls like those have like 300000 visitors daily with like 3000000 products in 10000 shops on their servers.</blockquote>

Where did you get those ridiculous figures from? It definitely made myself and the rest of my colleagues here in my office laugh. We’re on about the features of the JobsPortal, not the mall.

<em>@wooohanetworks 133344 wrote:</em><blockquote>Kind of unrealistic offering and a true money burner, like all those other turnkey stuff like aúction system, job boards and so on. For what it should be intended as use, to generate you money you can live from, 190$ will not make it to that, sorry.[/quote]

What?!

<em>@wooohanetworks 133344 wrote:</em><blockquote>Seems to be the offering for a little small town in Idaho.:D or any other thing I would keep my hands from. When you spend 1$ and only get 1Cent in return, the time spent is not worth it.[/quote]

It’s about your stance, how you target your market and associated PR.

<em>@wooohanetworks 133344 wrote:</em><blockquote>I hope JA does not do this step into turnkey stuff even when it is an “enterprise” solution. [/quote]

From what you say, I guess the Magento Enterprise package has scared you.

<em>@wooohanetworks 133344 wrote:</em><blockquote>Better make some professional other softwares and first of all, get the JA and JM templates bug free, how will it be when now another System is offered here.[/quote]

JA have a team working with them. Some focus on Joomla, others Magento. I’d imagine now some would focus on enterprise solutions.

<em>@wooohanetworks 133344 wrote:</em><blockquote>Another JA Sulfur release would be annoying, TP released their system without those errors in it, maybe they are just more close to Azrul and stuff, keeping it more non business with their site.[/quote]

JA Sulfur hasnt been released officially. Your lack of understanding and foresight is quite scary. Every system has bugs, even Azrul’s.

TomC Moderator

Hung Dinh;133236Yes, we are going to have some Joomla Extension at enterprise level here at JA.

Stay tuned, I will bring more details tomorrow

Waiting with baited breath

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi,

The demo system is now online (98% completed). I can provide the demo access by the end of tomorrow.

For the time being, please enjoy the screenshot of the component backend. Look at the menu, I believe you can imagine some of the core features of the component

The component is not released yet. I am finalizing the official Job Board extension homepage at with all the related information (license, pricing…)

JA Job Board is one of the very first component in our list of “Joomla Enterprise components & solutions we are developing”

The next one can be JA Lancer solution (which we have used at http://www.JoomLancers.com)

At such enterprise level of Joomla component, I believe a lot of business can be born

1. menu
    2. dashboard
    TomC Moderator

In addition to the JA Freelance idea (YES please), I submit a suggestion for a JA Auction component in the forseeable future as well.

🙂

SP Media Friend

Quick point, can you please make sure you can switch to british spelling too and British UK Postal Codes rather than Zip Codes, it’s crucial the validation process allows for this, as UK Postal Codes are usually in the form of B1 1BD / MK4 4KL / B96 4AL, etc and not the usual 5 digit american form, e.g. 10128.

Also, as Britain doesnt have states, the ability to also switch to Region rather than State / rather than Resumé have CV (Curriculum Vitae) / £GBP rather than $USD.

One thing that is also popular is a regional search relating to distance from a Post/Zip Code, e.g. within 50 miles of WA1 6LA or 50 miles within London.

As it stands, it does look very clean and pretty.

cjmicro Friend

I would like to see a good joomla classified ad manager.

SP Media Friend

How does the front end look and work with existing JA templates?

TomC Moderator

I am actually quite impressed with the Job Board component.

Makes me curious as to what other “executive level” components Hung and his team have in store for us.
    Any hints/clues, Hung ??

😎

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum