Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I need to find out how to add a captcha to the registration form under registration. Please help, the site’s only been up a few days and I’m already getting spam accounts.

romello Friend

Hello,

I have the same issue. It seems due to the template using ACY mailing component. The captcha is required to
    stop this… but this is not included for free with ACY… you have to purchase captcha.

One solution is to disable ACY and use the default Joomla contact form and download free Google re-captcha. https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    It’s Joomla configuration and none JA issue

http://www.learnjoomla.co.uk/joomla-2.5/how-to-add-captcha-to-your-user-registration-forms
    If you have more than registration way than you need to protect all of it.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

romello Friend

Hello Viet Vu,

This is not a Joomla issue.

The problem is that most of the recent Joomlart templates contact forms by default are designed with the ACY mailing component. You cannot add any type of free captcha to the ACY contact form. You have to purchase theirs.

ACY mailing have many opportunities to up-sell other features… it seems they would include free the most basic feature that would make their product…usable.

For some reason lately all my clients sites with the Acy contact form enabled… have been going crazy with spambots. ie fake registrations.

SOooo I’m in the process of dis-abling the ACY forms and using the default joomla contact forms…and enabling the reCAPTCHA as mentioned above.

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    # When i said “Joomla! issue”. It’s mean about workflow. In basically there is nothing template handle.
    Workflow here is meaning: Protect “register process”

# For template with ACY Mailing supported. You stil can disable this component and use joomla com_users for registration. And/ or actually you stil have issue with any registration form if it’s protected.
    <blockquote>The problem is that most of the recent Joomlart templates contact forms by default are designed with the ACY mailing component. You cannot add any type of free captcha to the ACY contact form. You have to purchase theirs. </blockquote>
    I’m not sure there is anything about JA issue. You stil have your own choice on this or ask ACY team for this supporting.

But as i have mentioned above. If you have another way to register ( for sample another 3rd component, API, plugin etc.. ) you will need protect it also.
    Note:// Just quick think:
    – How about hooking into register event and redirect to your own verify page ? By this way, if 3rd component using right API provided by Joomla! Event will be triggered than now you can protect it from this layer.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jooservices 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum