Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

i´m facing a problem in the search module on a website that uses JA Nickel Template. When i try to type some Portuguese word with special characters the results don´t appear because the application it´s looking for the wrong characters on the database.

For example, if i type the word: línguas the application looks for the following in the database: lÃ*nguas.

Someone know why this is happening? I already work on several joomla websites but this is the first one from joomlart and i never faced this problem before.

Thanks for the help. Obrigado.

ancestra Friend

<em>@ancestra 124243 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

i´m facing a problem in the search module on a website that uses JA Nickel Template. When i try to type some Portuguese word with special characters the results don´t appear because the application it´s looking for the wrong characters on the database.

For example, if i type the word: línguas the application looks for the following in the database: lÃ*nguas.

Someone know why this is happening? I already work on several joomla websites but this is the first one from joomlart and i never faced this problem before.

Thanks for the help. Obrigado.</blockquote>

Actually in the Mozilla Firefox (Mac OSX) and in the Internet Explorer the results are shown correctly only in the Safari the characters are messed up. Strange, usually it´s the other browsers that have issues.

jantunes Friend

Actually, Iam testing NIckel in a home server and it works fine with Safari and the other browsers (did not test Chrome, though…) I tried línguas anão, fé and all work. I’ve cufon activated, with a font that is working perfectly. did not try it with Cufon deactivated but don’t think it would be a problem. If this helps…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jantunes 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum