Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

The more I work with Zeolite (in conjunction with the plethora of research I have and continue to do with regrd to ecommerce web design and functionality), the more I feel that JA-Zeolite is, perhaps, the BEST eCommerce themed template JA has created/offered to date.

Something that, IMHO, would make it even BETTER would be integration of the JA-LOGIN module function into Zeolite. To this effect, I thought it would be helpful to create a poll for the community to gauge interest and want for such an addition to this already quality template.

Hopefully, Hung and the JA Development team can offer this enhancement – even if just as an option.

THANKS for reading any thoughts, comments, agreements and/or disagreements.

TomC Moderator

9 views so far and only one vote? :((

Phill Moderator

It is not too hard to do.

First thing is to copy the folder templates>ja_nickel>html>mod_login

and overwrite the templates>ja_zeolite>html>mod_login files with the ones from above.

Next on the list is to add the following to the bottom of your template.css file

#ja-register, #ja-login {
    background: #FFFFFF;
    border: 1px solid #DDDDDD;
    display: none;
    height: auto;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 5px 15px;
    position: absolute;
    right: -15px;
    text-align: left;
    top: 25px;
    z-index: 999;
    }

.ja-login-links {
    margin-top: 10px;
    }

Then edit template.css (line 858) to

#ja-header {
    background:#54992F url(../images/header-bg.gif) no-repeat scroll center bottom;
    height:150px;
    line-height:normal;
    margin-bottom:10px;
    position:relative;
    z-index:998;

}

All you are changing here is the z-index to the popup will appear over the header.

Now, in my test I removed the search module and placed a login module in its place. Simply select position user4 in the module manager, unpublish the search module and create a new login module.

And that is almost it. I haven’t had time to look into how to make the text fit the box properly but that should be quite simple. I just have to get on with some propper work that has to be done by tomorrow.

Phill Moderator

Sod it…. I couldn’t leave this unfinished.

Once you have done the above overwrite the default.php file in templates>ja_zeolite>html>mod_login with the following code and that should look fine.

<?php // no direct access
    defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access'); ?>
    <?php if($type == 'logout') : ?>
    <?php if ($params->get('greeting')) : ?>
    <li><a href="<?php echo JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_user&task=logout&return=".base64_encode('index.php'));?>" class="logout-switch"><?php echo JText::sprintf( 'HINAME', $user->get('name') ); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php echo JText::_( 'BUTTON_LOGOUT'); ?></a></li>
    <?php else : ?>
    <li>
    <a class="login-switch" style="padding-right:20px" href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_user&view=login');?>" onclick="this.blur();showBox('ja-login','mod_login_username',this);return false;" title="<?php JText::_('Login');?>">Login</a>

<!--LOFIN FORM content-->
    <?php
    $option = JRequest::getCmd('option');
    $task = JRequest::getCmd('task');
    if($option!='com_user' && $task != 'register') { ?>
    <a class="register-switch" href="<?php echo JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_user&task=register");?>" onclick="this.blur();showBox('ja-register','namemsg',this);return false;" > <?php echo JText::_('REGISTER');?> </a>
    <div id="ja-login" style="width:450px;">
    <?php if(JPluginHelper::isEnabled('authentication', 'openid')) : ?>
    <?php JHTML::_('script', 'openid.js'); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <form action="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php', true, $params->get('usesecure')); ?>" method="post" name="login" id="login" >
    <?php echo $params->get('pretext'); ?>

<label for="mod_login_username" class="ja-login-user">
    <span><?php echo JText::_('Username') ?>: </span>
    <input name="username" id="mod_login_username" type="text" class="inputbox" alt="username" size="20" />
    </label>

<label for="mod_login_password" class="ja-login-password">
    <span><?php echo JText::_('Password') ?>: </span>
    <input type="password" id="mod_login_password" name="passwd" class="inputbox" size="20" alt="password" />
    </label>

<label for="mod_login_remember">
    <input type="hidden" name="remember" id="mod_login_remember" class="inputbox" value="yes" alt="Remember Me" />
    </label>
    <input type="submit" name="Submit" class="button" value="Login" />
    <br />
    <div class="ja-login-links clearfix">
    <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&view=reset' ); ?>">
    <?php echo JText::_('FORGOT_YOUR_PASSWORD'); ?></a>
    <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&view=remind' ); ?>">
    <?php echo JText::_('FORGOT_YOUR_USERNAME'); ?></a>
    <?php
    $usersConfig = &JComponentHelper::getParams( 'com_users' );
    if ($usersConfig->get('allowUserRegistration')) : ?>
    <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&task=register' ); ?>">
    <?php echo JText::_('REGISTER'); ?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </div>
    <?php echo $params->get('posttext'); ?>

<input type="hidden" name="option" value="com_user" />
    <input type="hidden" name="task" value="login" />
    <input type="hidden" name="return" value="<?php echo $return; ?>" />
    <?php echo JHTML::_( 'form.token' ); ?>
    </form>
    </div>
    </li>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo JURI::base();?>media/system/js/validate.js"></script>
    <div id="ja-register" style="width:370px;">
    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    Window.onDomReady(function(){
    document.formvalidator.setHandler('passverify', function (value) { return ($('password').value == value); } );
    });
    // -->
    </script>

<?php
    if(isset($this->message)){
    $this->display('message');
    }
    ?>

<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user' ); ?>" method="post" id="josForm" name="josForm" class="form-validate">
    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" class="contentpane">
    <tr>
    <td width="30%" height="40">
    <label id="namemsg" for="name">
    <?php echo JText::_( 'Name' ); ?>:
    </label>
    </td>
    <td>
    <input type="text" name="name" id="name" size="40" value="" class="inputbox required" maxlength="50" />
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td height="40">
    <label id="usernamemsg" for="username">
    <?php echo JText::_( 'Username' ); ?>:
    </label>
    </td>
    <td>
    <input type="text" id="username" name="username" size="40" value="" class="inputbox required validate-username" maxlength="25" />
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td height="40">
    <label id="emailmsg" for="email">
    <?php echo JText::_( 'Email' ); ?>:
    </label>
    </td>
    <td>
    <input type="text" id="email" name="email" size="40" value="" class="inputbox required validate-email" maxlength="100" />
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td height="40">
    <label id="pwmsg" for="password">
    <?php echo JText::_( 'Password' ); ?>:
    </label>
    </td>
    <td>
    <input class="inputbox required validate-password" type="password" id="password" name="password" size="40" value="" />
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td height="40">
    <label id="pw2msg" for="password2">
    <?php echo JText::_( 'Verify Password' ); ?>:
    </label>
    </td>
    <td>
    <input class="inputbox required validate-passverify" type="password" id="password2" name="password2" size="40" value="" />
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2" height="40">
    <?php echo "Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required."; ?>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <button class="button validate" type="submit"><?php echo JText::_('Register'); ?></button>
    <input type="hidden" name="task" value="register_save" />
    <input type="hidden" name="id" value="0" />
    <input type="hidden" name="gid" value="0" />
    <?php echo JHTML::_( 'form.token' ); ?>
    </form>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

TomC Moderator

WOW – I can’t wait to try this out when I get home tonight – THANKS PHIL (ya wanky bugger)

😎

(sorry . . . I saw the “sod it” comment and couldn’t resist). :p

TomC Moderator

pending modification

Phill Moderator

What needs modification?

I have it working nicely now on my test machine but need to tweak the looks.

TomC Moderator

<em>@phill luckhurst 123676 wrote:</em><blockquote>What needs modification?

I have it working nicely now on my test machine but need to tweak the looks.</blockquote>
    That’s basically what I need to do. Right now, the text isn’t displaying as it should – in fact, it isn’t displaying at all. There is a “clickable” field there – and when I click on it, the pop-out does appear. I will tinker around with it a bit more this weekend – see if I can’t figure it out.

TomC Moderator

somebody voted “no ??”

😮

Phill Moderator

Here is my demo of it.

http://www.samk951.com/

It will only be up for a few days as the domain is about to expire.

As it was only a proof of concept I did not add any styling or bother to change the spy glass graphic but you get the idea.

TomC Moderator

I am going to be working with this more this weekend – thinking I’ll have it up and running by the end of the weekend – one way or another. THANK YOU for all your help !!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum