Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

My css menu works fine with drop downs, but when i switch to split menu I don’t get anything. Any ideas what I can check?

http://www.usea2.net/new

The competitions menu item is the one with the submenus.

Thanks for any ideas on how to fix it.
    Cheryl

scotty Friend

No access to that link Cheryl.

cjmicro Friend

Sorry Scotty, as I hadn’t heard I just reinstalled the template with quickstart, and I think I see where the split menu sets up the submenus on the right module somehow.

I guess what I want is called a dropline menu?

Anyway I gave up on the template because when I installed it with quickstart, it put my joomla into legacy mode too. When I disabled the legacy plugin the site wouldn’t work at all.

So on to another template, hopefully better luck. I have not had many problems with others, but the avian caused me too much stress. :confused: and wasted time. Not saying it’s the template’s fault but I had to move on.

Thanks for looking, sorry to have wasted your time too!

PS FWIW, I just installed Rutile Quickstart too, and it also enabled the legacy plugin. I disabled it and the site seems to still be working though. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheryl

scotty Friend

No problem, but why are people so dead set against using legacy mode? It causes no adverse effects. It’s simply a plugin that allows joomla to work in a backward compatible mode.

cjmicro Friend

<blockquote>No problem, but why are people so dead set against using legacy mode? It causes no adverse effects. It’s simply a plugin that allows joomla to work in a backward compatible mode.</blockquote>

Ok well now that you explained that I guess I am not! I’m still wary of the avian, and didn’t like the split menu, but maybe I will give it a go.

I was under the (mistaken?) impression that maybe other native 1.5 things wouldn’t work if legacy was enabled. So thanks for clarifying that.

Cheryl

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cjmicro 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum