Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I need to have banner ads display in the right column but if I simply ad the module to the right column, the banners lay over top of the other modules.

I need to be able to have other modules display beneath the banner ads so I have to find a way around this. I cannot use the Random Image because each ad has a separate link.

I would like to split the right column into 2 separate columns. The new column needs to be above the existing right column.

The attached image shows exactly what I would like to do.

Here is what I have in my index.php file.

<?php if($this->countModules('ads')) : ?>
    <!-- BEGIN: ADVERTISEMENT -->
    <div id="ja-ads">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="ads" />
    </div>
    <!-- END: ADVERTISEMENT -->
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ($ja_right) { ?>
    <!-- BEGIN: RIGHT COLUMN -->
    <div id="ja-col2">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="right" style="xhtml" />
    </div>
    <!-- END: RIGHT COLUMN -->
    <?php } ?>

</div>

I made the appropriate changes to the css file. With this change, this page does not display correctly as image2 shows.

The page should end but for some reason there is extra space. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

1. userguide
    2. image2
    Sherlock Friend

Why dont you install a ads module and choose position is right, you can choose order for that module, so it can above right other modules

kywolf Friend

Yes I did thank of that. Did you have one in mind or was that just hte easiest answer you could come up with? Do JA have one? I’ve searched on Joomla! Ext’s pages but obviously did not find anything. Can you point me in the direction of one or provide a little further help….preferably before 2:44am tomorrow morning?

kywolf Friend

What would it take to make SLWI (Spotlight Module with Image) to display a random image each time it is loaded instead of the same image? Somehow, instead of giving the path to an image, we can give a path to a folder with multiple images from which the module can randomly display one.

This would be perfect….what would it take?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kywolf 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum