Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Please, help.

I want to split slideshow position into 2 slideshow positions.
    First requirement is size of positions (left position is 400 px, second position is 1200 px
    Second requirement is that position must be collapseble – if nothing is published on left side, then 100% or 1600 px)

I attached a photo of what I expect.

Thank you!

1. split_slideshow
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

It will require a bit customization, let me check if it can be done quickly.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

You can try with this tweak:
    1) Create 2 new positions: slideshow1 & slideshow2
    2) Edit the slideshow block: root/templates/ja_medicare/tpls/blocks/slideshow.php (attached file slideshow.php.zip)
    3) Download attached file slideshow.zip & unzip, you will see a folder called ‘slideshow’. Copy this folder into the same directory: root/templates/ja_medicare/tpls/blocks/

Then you can go to backend > Extensions > Modules and assign your desired module to these new positions, ‘slideshow1’ is on the left, right side is ‘slideshow2’ position.

In case that you don’t see those positions on frontend, kindly check the layout configuration of this template: Admin panel > Extensions > Templates > JA Medicare – Features intro (the template style you’re assigning to homepage) > Layout tab: http://prntscr.com/ibslaq

Cheers!

SLO_Cowboy Friend

Thank you. It works partially. When I select only one position, then I lose both, nothing is shown. Have no idea where to look.
    Would you be so kind and look at this issiue?

Saguaros Moderator

What happens when you show in both positions? The point is you want to show 2 modules there, right?

SLO_Cowboy Friend

When I publish both positions then is OK, but my second wish was:
    "Second requirement is that position must be collapseble – if nothing is published on left side, then 100% or 1600 px)"

What I thought was, if nothing is published on position SLIDESHOW-1, then SLIDESHOW-2 is 100%.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Saguaros Moderator

Could you share the credentials of your site? I will check if it can be done.

SLO_Cowboy Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    SLO_Cowboy Friend

Hi,

I’m not sure if I understand you correctly… What do you mean with " load the old slideshow block"? Did you think I physically load the old php files? I wanted it to be automatic…..

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  SLO_Cowboy.
    Saguaros Moderator

I meant that:
    1) If you use one module – the slideshow module only, you can assign to ‘slideshow’ position.
    2) In case that you want to use 2 modules, assign modules to 2 positions created above.

SLO_Cowboy Friend

But I don’t have anymore position SLIDESHOW. I have only Slideshow1 and Slideshow2 (attachment)

1. dr24
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Yes, I meant if you want to use only 1 slideshow position, you can restore the old slideshow block (which is replaced by the php file I sent above). If you want to use 2 positions, use my above suggestion. I hope this makes sense.

Regards

SLO_Cowboy Friend

Then it is best if we create a new position (width 100%) below. And if I do not need the slideshow1 and slideshow2 positions, then I simply select this lower position.
    Any quick code sample?

Saguaros Moderator

You can duplicate the old slideshow block which loads the ‘slideshow’ position, then if you want to use another module position there. Just create new position and add to that block.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum