Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Please help.

The nav bar on the fixel template is sticky but it doesnt remain at the top of the screen. It scrolls and bounces. When the user hovers over a box on home-1 the nav sticks where ever it is.

Please tell me how to fix this. http://fixel2013.jeevesny.com/jatc_fixel_j3x-1/

Note: It seems to be less of an issue when the social-links are removed. I have removed them for now but you can see in the screenshot what’s happeing.

1. Screen-shot-2013-10-02-at-7.51.39-PM
    TomC Moderator

The login info you provided to access your site administration is not working.

It would be helpful if you could temporarily set your site to “Development Mode” within your Template Manager–General settings?

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can fix it with my below solution

Open templates/ja_fixel/css/themes/blue/template-responsive.css file

from

.t3-mainnav.affix {
    position: fixed;
    top: -61px;
    }

Change to

.t3-mainnav.affix {
    top: -121px;
    }

k3441 Friend

Hi,
    I just made this change and the nav flashes like a strobe light. It scrolls down with the page but stays up higher then it flashes on and off quickly. It then may disappears for a moment and will start flashing again.

The site is now live at http://jeevesny.com so I couldn’t leave it in that state.
    I returned the CSS from top: -121px to top: -61px

Any help wold be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Kerri

TomC Moderator

Not seeing the “strobe” effect when I bring your site up . . . . however, the header section does drop down a little bit before it “stick” while scrolling. I’m assuming you are wanting the header/nav section to stay at the top always, correct?

k3441 Friend

Correct, I undid that CSS change. I didn’t want to leave it there. It was not a subtle strobe effect.

I’d like for the nav to stay in a fixed position at the top and not scroll with the page at all.
    Thanks for your quick response.

TomC Moderator

Can you do me a favor and temporarily set “Optimize CSS” to “Off” within your Template Manager–General settings?

k3441 Friend

Okay – turned it off – thanks

TomC Moderator

Try pasting the following within your custom.css file . . . .

.t3-mainnav.light-mainnav {
    margin-top: 60px;
    transform: none;
    }

.t3-mainnav {
    transform: translate: none;
    transition-property: none;
    }

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum