Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I notice that pretty much all of JA’s templates fail the “size tap targets” in Google PageSpeed Insights.

This is because of the footer links/menu modules

If people aren’t aware of this then they unknowingly have a mobile penalty on their sites and will not rank very well. There are CSS work-arounds for this and it would be good if JA could start implementing their own.

I think a good idea would be that JA test their sites through PageSpeed Insights when developing to ensure that people won’t receive penalties and there is no unnecessarily slow pages.

To all my fellow JA friends, please “thanks” this post to let JA know that we all want this implementing. 🙂

Thanks,
    Richard

TomC Moderator

Passing on to JA Development Team for review

Adam M Moderator

Hi @gringo211985,

Actually this matter is related to UX instead of site performance and you won’t get any penalty for this. But consider it would help to improve the product, I also sent a request so our dev team can check it in future templates. 🙂

gringo211985 Friend

<em>@Adam M 488386 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @gringo211985,

Actually this matter is related to UX instead of site performance and you won’t get any penalty for this. But consider it would help to improve the product, I also sent a request so our dev team can check it in future templates. :)</blockquote>

Thanks Tom and Adam, I have noticed that many sites with poor UX do rank lower. Which is the reason I made the request 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gringo211985 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum