Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I am not sure where this strange ad is coming from. It warns about the use of the IE6 browser although I am using Firefox. Someone at Joomla indicated it is probably coming from the template.

Is this true?

See the attachment.

1. An-unauthorized-ad
    chavan Friend

this is not a kind of an Ad, This is a notification that the IE 6 is no more used by any customers in the world.

dfgrbac Friend

Are you saying that this is coming from your template?

It warns the user (me in this case) that I am using IE6 – which I am definitely not using. I am using Firefox. It is a rather disturbing message.

chavan Friend

can you please post your site url,

dfgrbac Friend

<em>@Chavan 415112 wrote:</em><blockquote>can you please post your site url,</blockquote>

It is http://guideourfuture.org/

Note that the ad (notification or whatever) does not always appear. But it is disturbing when it does.

chavan Friend

what is the version of the Firefox and chrome you have installed where you see this message.

I’m using firefox version 27 and chrome version 33. I see the attached image as your website. I see no issues.

dfgrbac Friend

<em>@Chavan 415300 wrote:</em><blockquote>what is the version of the Firefox and chrome you have installed where you see this message.

I’m using firefox version 27 and chrome version 33. I see the attached image as your website. I see no issues.

</blockquote>

I always use the latest version of Firefox – currently 27.0.1 on PCLinuxOS. I don’t use Chrome very often, but my version is Chromium 16.0.912.63, the version built for the system. I have not noticed the error on Chrome, but I seldom use it.

But now (with shock) I see you sent me a new template problem. What is that at the bottom of your image of my website? I have never seen that before, and it certainly does not belong there. What is going on? 😮

1. GOF-TEMPLATE-PROBLEM
    chavan Friend

that was an issue on my browser. your website looks good

check this Url how it looks http://awesomescreenshot.com/04b2gow4a2

dfgrbac Friend

Well, I hope you are right! If I see the IE6 banner again, I will re-post.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dfgrbac 10 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum