Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I just installed this theme using the Quick Start package included. When I load the front end of the site, everything is fine, however, when I load the Admin Control Panel and click on “Template Manager” and then JA_Lens, I get the following error:

500- An error has occured.
    Layout g not found
    Return to Control Panel

I have also received a similar error message but instead of “Layout g not found” I’m receiving “Layout I not found”

I also noticed this error message happens when I click on other areas of the control panel, articles, users, etc…

I have never seen this error message before in Joomla. I’m wondering if it’s an issue with the Quick Start package?

I have tried re-uploading the admin themes and system theme files. That did not work. I also noticed as long as I do not have the front end of the site loaded, in the same browser (different tab) (Firefox Version 12.0), the admin control panel works just fine. Or if I clear my cache in browser it will work, as long as the front end of the site is not loaded.

I have included login info for a staff member to check this out. Please load both the front end and back end of the site.

swissa Friend

I had the same. Reinstall and no problem. Or reload admin folder and no problem. (I did both to check which worked and both did).

One thing that may effect. I have to point at start to new php load so that my server uses 5.3.4 and if you do not add this to configuration.php and also tell your cgi where the php files are then you get this 500 g error a lot.

Aratype Friend

I have the same issue: I reinstalled and still have the same problem:

I am with infomaniak.ch
    http://www.targamat.com/alamna/

500 – An error has occurred.
    Layout l not found
    Return to Control Panel

swissa Friend

Bonsoir aratype!

I don’t host with infomaniak so can’t tell you their system. I have metanet.ch and have to say that so far I have only very good experiences!

I know you can read german so z.B.

https://secure.metanet.ch/support/online-hilfe-faq?page=questions.php&questionid=365

You might want to see if your hosting have the same thing. I know that it makes my lens work well – not sure if it was planned by JA that it needs 5.3.xx or more. Perhaps they will tell us but Joomla 2.5 is best with above 5.3.xx.

Hey. all the best mon ami!

melissaa Friend

I re-uploaded the admin folder and since aratype said he did a re-install. I’ll wait to see if this is fixed by the JA staff. It must be an issue with the Quick Start package, because I have another test site up with Orisite installed and have no problems what so ever.

Hung Dinh Friend

Look likes it is PHP version compability issue. Your PHP version now is 5.2.17. This template works perfectly with PHP 5.3.2 and higher.

This is noted in the userguide :

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-lens-template-for-joomla-2-5-userguide-2/

I ll check with Dev Team to see if we can lower the supported PHP version in next week release.

coldclimber JA JobBoard

Why do you say in your tutorial you must have PHP version 5.2.14 and higher and than above you say you need 5.3.2 ?? so which version is that we need. Making this for just 5.3.2 seems a little harsh.

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@coldclimber 317795 wrote:</em><blockquote>Why do you say in your tutorial you must have PHP version 5.2.14 and higher and than above you say you need 5.3.2 ?? so which version is that we need. Making this for just 5.3.2 seems a little harsh.</blockquote>

Sorry I just had it corrected.

PHP 5.3+ is recommended setting for Joomla 2.5
    http://www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html

Software
    Recommended
    Minimum
    More information

PHP
    5.3 +
    5.2.4 +
    http://www.php.net

MySQL
    5.0.4+
    5.0.4+
    http://www.php.net

Apache (with mod_mysql,
    mod_xml,and mod_zlib)
    2.x +
    2.x +
    http://www.apache.org

Microsoft IIS
    http://www.iis.net

coldclimber JA JobBoard

OK well i have upgraded to 5.3.+ and it still does not work, any chance of a solution as to why installing the template on and existing site works apart from the images? I sent you the login and ftp details through the ticket system yesterday but still waiting to here. The previous template was puresite.

melissaa Friend

Well, in the meantime, for those interested, I have found a work around for the issue. If you use two separate browsers. One for the backend of Joomla (Admin Control Panel) and another browser for the front end, you will not receive the error message. I’ve been using Firefox for the backend and IE for the front end all this morning while I play around with the modules and the main menu and have not received the error message since.

I’ll see if I can get my host to upgrade the server’s php version, but since I’m on a shared server, those chances are pretty slim. :((

Manos Moderator

<em>@melissaa 317695 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

I just installed this theme using the Quick Start package included. When I load the front end of the site, everything is fine, however, when I load the Admin Control Panel and click on “Template Manager” and then JA_Lens, I get the following error:

Layout g not found
    Return to Control Panel

I have also received a similar error message but instead of “Layout g not found” I’m receiving “Layout I not found”

I also noticed this error message happens when I click on other areas of the control panel, articles, users, etc…

I have never seen this error message before in Joomla. I’m wondering if it’s an issue with the Quick Start package?

I have tried re-uploading the admin themes and system theme files. That did not work. I also noticed as long as I do not have the front end of the site loaded, in the same browser (different tab) (Firefox Version 12.0), the admin control panel works just fine. Or if I clear my cache in browser it will work, as long as the front end of the site is not loaded.

I have included login info for a staff member to check this out. Please load both the front end and back end of the site.</blockquote>

Hi,
    I just got connected to your website and i was able to click on many areas as the ones you mention with no problem, can you please check again and verify ?

melissaa Friend

<em>@pascm 317867 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    I just got connected to your website and i was able to click on many areas as the ones you mention with no problem, can you please check again and verify ?</blockquote>

I just tried again too and I got the error message again using the same browser for both the front end and back end. I went to Menus – Main Menu – and click on the unpublished Homepage and got the error.

Manos Moderator

Just to make sure (i did exactly the same as you with no problem) please clear your browsers cache and cookies and try again.
    I just repeat the same steps as you described with no problem at all.

seeeule83 Friend

Pacm: melissaa becomes the message cause he will works at the backend on one tab and at the frontend on the other tab; on one browser. You can refresh your cache so often you want, if you work in the backend without the error message and than open a new tab and go to the frontend, the message comes aggain…:) its really bad… i work now with 2 different browsers 😎

melissaa Friend

<em>@pascm 317874 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just to make sure (i did exactly the same as you with no problem) please clear your browsers cache and cookies and try again.
    I just repeat the same steps as you described with no problem at all.</blockquote>

I clear my browsers cache every time. (I have a habit of clearing the cache each time I close my browser windows, I also use CCleaner)

Try this:
    Go to the front end of my site, login.
    open another browser tab and go to the backend of my site, login.
    Go back to the front end and in the main menu, click on K2 – K2 Blog Style.
    Go back to the backend of my site and click on Menus – Main Menu and then click on any link in the menu, like you are going to edit that menu item.

You should get the error that way.

Layout g not found
    Return to Control Panel

By the way, I’ve seen this error pop up in both Firefox and Internet Explorer.
    What browser are you using?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  seeeule83 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum