Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am having a very strange problem with the images, as you can see here http://www.bremic.co.uk I have four tabs, in the images directory i have five images name image1.jpg to inage5.jpg all different images.

If you go to my site and go though the tabs one by one tabs one and two are correct but tab three shows image one again and tab four shows image 5?

In the index.php the string of image names is correct?

This has only just happend and is driving me mad, does anyone know what this may be I have tried on many pc’s incase it’s a caching problem..

Regards
    Joolz

pdemaers Friend

Hi,

i have a similar issue with header images. When first entering my site the first header image displays correctly, but when going to a different page via the top main menu, no images appear in the header anymore. If you navigate back to ‘home’ the image that was shown on first entry to the site is also gone … no more images display in the header after that.

I used this same template on version 1.0 of Joomla and there it worked perfect. I only have this problem after migrating my site to version 1.5 of joomla and installing the appropriate Joomla 1.5 version of the template.

Any suggestions on how to solve this ?

Cheers,

Patrick

bennitos Friend

<em>@pdemaers 89534 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

i have a similar issue with header images. When first entering my site the first header image displays correctly, but when going to a different page via the top main menu, no images appear in the header anymore. If you navigate back to ‘home’ the image that was shown on first entry to the site is also gone … no more images display in the header after that.

I used this same template on version 1.0 of Joomla and there it worked perfect. I only have this problem after migrating my site to version 1.5 of joomla and installing the appropriate Joomla 1.5 version of the template.

Any suggestions on how to solve this ?

Cheers,

Patrick</blockquote>

My first guess would be that you enabled SEF (search friendy url’s) this is one of the known causes of the problem you describe

duckcreek Friend

<em>@bennitos 89535 wrote:</em><blockquote>My first guess would be that you enabled SEF (search friendy url’s) this is one of the known causes of the problem you describe</blockquote>
    oh no.. wait a sec.. I just posted a question about this.. So wait a second.. we cant use SEF URLS on a site using this template?? Is there any work around?? I have spent way too much time on this site to switch templates.. I cant imagine disabling SEF just to make this template work. Is that really the answer??

bennitos Friend

First best to test if SEF is really causing it. Turn it off clear your browsers cache and look if the problem is gone. If its gone then we at least know what is causing it.

Then i can point you to some topics wich might cause the sef problem

duckcreek Friend

<em>@bennitos 91114 wrote:</em><blockquote>First best to test if SEF is really causing it. Turn it off clear your browsers cache and look if the problem is gone. If its gone then we at least know what is causing it.

Then i can point you to some topics wich might cause the sef problem</blockquote>
    Thanks Bennitos,

yes.. I turned off SEO and it works….

now….

how do I get my SEO back? argh! lol.. phew.. I hope there is a solution.. yes.. please.. foraward any info you might have

🙂

Thanks again for your help!

bennitos Friend

ok first you might wanna try this fix:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-mageia-readme-bug-reports/

Remember always make backups first, let me know if that works

duckcreek Friend

<em>@bennitos 91116 wrote:</em><blockquote>ok first you might wanna try this fix:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-mageia-readme-bug-reports/

Remember always make backups first, let me know if that works</blockquote>
    Bennitos,

Thanks for the lead on the code change! I got all excited and realized that the code that is mentioned to change doesnt exist in my template. I have a version thats close, so I replaced it with the new code, but now the images vanish on every page. Maybe its a 1.5 issue??

Code from my Template (JA Mageia for Joomla 1.5 – Version 1.4)
    <div id=”ja-header” style=”background: url(templates/<?php echo $JAconfig->template.”/images/header/”. $JAconfig->ja_color .”/”. $ja_header_img;?>) no-repeat top right;”>

Code that was mentioned to change:
    <div id=”ja-header” style=”background: url(templates/<?php echo $ja_template_name.”/images/header/”. $ja_color.”/”. $ja_header_img;?>) no-repeat top right;”>

I replaced the code from the template with this line provided, but the banner images dropped off entirely.

<div id=”ja-header” style=”background: url(<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site.”/templates/”. $ja_template_name.”/images/header/”. $ja_color.”/”. $ja_header_img;?>) no-repeat top right;”>

:confused:

any more ideas??

I noticed that others are not finding the code referenced either..

hmmmm..

Thanks Again!

bennitos Friend

downloaded the files to check and you’r right this should work tho:

Original:

<div id="ja-header" style="background: url(templates/<?php echo $JAconfig->template."/images/header/". $JAconfig->ja_color ."/". $ja_header_img;?>) no-repeat top right;">

Change to:

<div id="ja-header" style="background: url(<?php echo JURI::base();;?>templates/<?php echo $JAconfig->template."/images/header/". $JAconfig->ja_color ."/". $ja_header_img;?>) no-repeat top right;">

duckcreek Friend

finally!!! a solution.. it works! Thanks so much Bennitos!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  duckcreek 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum