Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I am having a great deal of trouble trying to style the SubNav Headings within the mega menu drop down. It seems that the sub nav is tied into the span menu-title CSS and I cannot figure out how to get it to style independently. I’ve made a diagram of what I am trying to accomplish . . .

Any ideas as to how I can style the sub nav group titles independent of whatever other CSS class/style it seems to be attached to?

:((

1. font-issue
    aman204 Friend

Try add this at end of template.css file::

ul.megamenu li .group-title{font-weight:bold;text-decoration:underline;}

and change properties accordingly

TomC Moderator

<em>@aman204 200245 wrote:</em><blockquote>Try add this at end of template.css file::

ul.megamenu li .group-title{font-weight:bold;text-decoration:underline;}and change properties accordingly</blockquote>

Appreciate the attempted assist, but it did not work.

I simply cannot understand the thought behind the slave/connected css as opposed to being able to manipulate individual elements more easily. It seems as though the css is inter-strewn throughout multiple css files that override others.

Still looking for a solution to this issue.

aman204 Friend

Can you provide a link to your site

TomC Moderator

<em>@aman204 200357 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can you provide a link to your site</blockquote>

http://www.musicians-marketplace.com/mmplace

aman204 Friend

Ok..You seem to be using cufon due to which the specific class attribute is not being applied

You may wish to post in here also ::

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-install-cufon-dtr-and-configure/

Sorry but I havent got in experience with implementation of cufon till date :((

TomC Moderator

I am using cufon for the font for the Main Nav only – not for the sub nav items.

How do I independently style the various sub nav font items separate and apart from the Man Nav items?
    (in other words, I don’t want any “span” styles/rules overriding my menu item lists – titles or otherwise).

aman204 Friend

<blockquote>I am using cufon for the font for the Main Nav only – not for the sub nav items. </blockquote>

Sorry but I have re-checked again and cufon is being applied to group titles in dropdowns due to the above css attribute or eloboration to it doesnt apply

TomC Moderator

<em>@aman204 200811 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry but I have re-checked again and cufon is being applied to group titles in dropdowns due to the above css attribute or eloboration to it doesnt apply</blockquote>

See, THAT is exactly the problem I am facing . . . WHY are the drop-down section/group titles attached to the same CSS rule that the Main Nav item titles are ???

TomC Moderator

<em>@tcraw1010 200818 wrote:</em><blockquote>See, THAT is exactly the problem I am facing . . . WHY are the drop-down section/group titles attached to the same CSS rule that the Main Nav item titles are ???</blockquote>

Still looking for an explanation for the logic of this and, more importantly, how to overcome it

TomC Moderator

<em>@tcraw1010 201190 wrote:</em><blockquote>Still looking for an explanation for the logic of this and, more importantly, how to overcome it</blockquote>

I’m not giving up on this

Sherlock Friend

Dear tcraw1010,

In this case i think you should disable the cufon feature for your mega menu titles then css rules will get applied

TomC Moderator

Okay, this is driving me absolutely CRAZY !!!!

No matter what I try … no matter what I do … the flippin’ font style for my subnav (i.e. level1) text continues to display as BOLD.

http://www.musicians-marketplace.com/mmplace

Here is the CSS code that SHOULD BE CONTROLLING the font style for this element:

from mega.css

ul.level1 li.mega a.mega span.menu-title {
    background: none;
    padding: 0 !important;
    font-size: 11px;
    font-weight: normal;
    color: #000;
    text-transform: none;
    font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-style: normal;
    }

Can someone PLEASE explain to me – when I have my text weight set at “normal” that it continues to display as BOLD ???

P.S. (The cufon plugin I was using earlier has been disabled)

aman204 Friend

It seems to be appearing with normal font style. Please clear your browser cache

Attached are screenshot where It can be seen ::
    1) Normal-sub — seen actually
    2) Bold-Sub — Seen when I add bold font style

1. normal-sub
    2. bold-sub
    TomC Moderator

<em>@aman204 203899 wrote:</em><blockquote>It seems to be appearing with normal font style. Please clear your browser cache

Attached are screenshot where It can be seen ::
    1) Normal-sub — seen actually
    2) Bold-Sub — Seen when I add bold font style</blockquote>

Wow, that is just weird then … I would expect the typeface to not look so “bold” in the first shot when marked as “normal.”
    Hmmm … perhaps I’ll do a little more experimenting.

Appreciate the effort/assist, though !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 13 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum