Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I have a submenu item in my menu and when select it makes the site “jump” little bit.

Please see here http://www.bohemiadesign.com.au/logicamms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20&Itemid=59
    The menu item i am referring to is Client Sectors and then any submenu under Mining & minerals, Oil & Gas or Infrastructure.

The menu on the lefthand side is generated by using the same menu name as the main menu but the start level is set to 1 in the module. Any suggestions to what be causing it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Jonas

vitormarques Friend

Hello Jonas,

First let me ask you.. do you use Firefox? I need to understand what your problem is. Firefox has a feature that hides scrollbars if they’re not needed. I use Firefox and when I opened your website I saw a jump caused my omition of the scrollbars in the beginning. But when all page is loaded scrollbars are back.
    Well if this is your problem please add this to your css code:

html {
    overflow: -moz-scrollbars-vertical;
    }

If this is not your issue please let me know so you can find a solution to your problem.
    Best regards

bohemiadesign Friend

Thanks mate,
    I don’t think it is the scroll bars. I know that the page is jumping from Home to any other link – working on that as I don’t want the content to show on my Homepage I have
    1- duplicated my template
    2- comment out the modules I don’t want to show on the homepage in default.php
    3- assign the new template to home

Back on to the problem – if you go to any link with more than one level it seem to do a little jump. For example Client Sectors/Oil 7 Gas or Contact Us/Joomla Overview.
    It also seem to jump a little bit when you click on News.
    I just looked at it Mozilla and I see what you mean – I will update the with the supplied CSS – Thanks.
    I was using IE8.0

Cheers,
    Jonas

vitormarques Friend

Hello again.

Please just for us to be in sync add this css code and tell me if you still see that jump.

html {overflow-y: scroll;}

Tell me when you’re done so that I can check on ie8

Best regards.

bohemiadesign Friend

Thanks Mate,
    That seem to have fixed it 🙂
    I apprictaed your repy.

Would you mind though to justhave quick check to see if it is OK on your end – 2 pair of eys are better than 1 pair.

Cheers,
    Jonas

vitormarques Friend

Hello again.

I don’t see the problem anymore either! I’m glad I could help you.

Best regards Jonas

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vitormarques 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum