Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

First off I am new to JA and I can say I love the designs I have found here for templates.

The suggestion I would like to offer is this.

Since tamplates can be laid out in several ways, it appears the most common layout is choosing 2 or 3 column look. Couldn’t you make both styles in each template and make it so the user could comment in or out that style they prefer? That way some of us (like me) who have no idea how to hardcode php can just simple use the Joomla interface to comment out the lines. :confused::D

TomC Moderator

<em>@techiexp 71492 wrote:</em><blockquote>First off I am new to JA and I can say I love the designs I have found here for templates.

The suggestion I would like to offer is this.

Since tamplates can be laid out in several ways, it appears the most common layout is choosing 2 or 3 column look. Couldn’t you make both styles in each template and make it so the user could comment in or out that style they prefer? That way some of us (like me) who have no idea how to hardcode php can just simple use the Joomla interface to comment out the lines. :confused::D</blockquote>

The colums are coded in, but whether or not you choose to utilize them is completely up to you. What makes the colums “display” is your assignment of a particular module to a position within that column. In other words, if you only want to columns, then only assign modules to positions withn the two columns you want displayed.

Bottom line is, the choice of how many columns to use in your layout is completely within your power from the start. The demo you see is simply showcasing all of the available features. It’s like when you go into an automobile dealer’s showroom – they showcase the cars with all of the bells and whistles – but you do not necessarily have to purchase one with all of the extras.

techiexp Friend

I actually tried that, but it would only place itms I wanted to be on right side on the left. But there were some file that required hardcoding for teh 3rd column to show.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  techiexp 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum