Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Is there a plan to have SVG support in the admin template? I tried to setup the admin login page using my SVG logo and it said that format was not supported. This is a must have support item moving forward since SVG is a better web format for web graphics and fonts. Surprised to see that it was not supported.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Kevin,

Did you try to add SVG for default admin template of Joomla? and see how it goes.

Kevin Friend

Yes and I get the same error with the default ISIS admin template, so I assume then this is a Joomla issue? I am able to use svg files on my pages and on my site template. Is there some parameter I need to add this support for svg on the admin side?

I upload the svg to my images folder and then I go into the template, advanced tab, Login Page tab (really any of them) and click select for the image. In the images folder it will not show any svg file. I tried to click the upload and select the svg image and when I do it tells me this image format is not supported. I tried to drag the image into the upload area and also tried browse and add, neither works and throws the error alert popup up.

Kevin Friend

When I started looking more at Joomla I discovered that it is in fact Joomla that does not allow svg files. Even adding it to the legal image extensions file types, it still will be refused by the Joomla media manager. However I did find that if I bypass the media manager I am able to link directly to the image and use it (as long as I do not use the media manager).

Saguaros Moderator

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum