Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi, ich have a small problem:

Whenever i change an article in the frontend, the changes work directly. But when click the edit-button again, JCE shows the old content. I just have to hit F5 to refresh and i see the new content. The same problems exist with tinyMCE. I suspect a caching-issue, but i had the joomal chache and the T3-Cache disabled. The Problem does not occur in the backend, thats why I think ja_elastica or probably T3 could be the problem.

Does anybody have any idea?

Regards, Martin

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi Can you PM me your site admin details . so i can check it .
    Also check it with default joomla template . and check this issue comes with it or not .

nukewales Friend

The problem does not exist with the Default-Template.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi can you send me PM of your working site details .Also give me details of the articles .I will check it.

nukewales Friend

I already did 🙂
    The problem exist in all articles.
    To reproduce:
    1. Create new article from Frontend. (login is “Anmeldung” at the very, bottom left. New Article is “Artikel schreiben” on the right)
    2. Save an watch in frontend
    3. Hit the edit Button, Add something.
    4. Save and check in Frontend
    5. Hit the edit Button again. Now you should see the first Version.
    6. After a page refresh the new Version in visible.

If i forget to refresh before editing, i overwrite the new Version with an old one. Not that practical. 😉

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    If you are editing a an article from Backend ARTICLE from front end . and then from backend .
    and then if you want to edit the same article please refresh the page so that the previous changes are applied on that
    and you can see the new changes .

nukewales Friend

Thanks for your reply. But this problem happens even to articles, that were created from the frontend. And never edited from the Backend. Never had that problem with Joomla before.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi the admin details that you sent is not working .
    Please check it >>> http://prntscr.com/53bjgg

nukewales Friend

Ooops, sorry, i misconfigured the admin-group. Now it should work *embaressed* :-[

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi I tried above but i have not found issue in it . I submitted article and it will be same as backend .
    + I found your site is running on Joomla 3.3.6 .
    Template is currently not compatible with it .
    Please check template compatibility because it can produce any errors .
    ALways take a backup of your site before any update

nukewales Friend

Hi, thanks for your help. I didn’t know this Template was not compatible.

But the problem is not, that articles differ between frontend and backend.
    The problem happens, if you edit an article from the frontend for a second time. Then the editor shows you the older version and if you dont notice the difference and refresh it will overwrite with an old version.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi please check it with compatible version as i can see template is not comaptible .
    Also article editing is and creation is handled by core joomla (you can turn off joomla cache).
    You can write it on joomla forum .

nukewales Friend

I already tried to disabled the cache, that does not change anything. And the problem does not occur on the default theme…
    Thanks for your great and patient help, but i think i will have to live with it. Should have checked the template more carefully before building a site for it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nukewales 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum