Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I have downloaded Teline 111 v2 and aqm attempting to install it. my godaddy account already has
    joomla 1.6 installed to my site ….should I do quick start or load file into 1.6 individuLLY like template and plugins etc. or should I uninstall their joomla 1.6 and load teline from quickstart via http://ftp..

Phill Moderator

Best bet would be to uninstall the Godaddy install and start with the quickstart. Once the quickstart is installed everything will be setup ready for you.

kterc Friend

I have already started the process , but thanks …figured with the different framework I would have to …can you give me pointer as to which DIR to install it to by ftp …many thanks

Phill Moderator

Cannot tell as I have not used Godaddy before. They should have clear instructions thoug. If there is already a directory where they installed joomla to then you want to remove all those files and place your quickstart files there.

TomC Moderator

Just to tag onto what Phill has already said . . . .

For most webhost providers that I’ve seen, the directory into which you would upload the template files is usually called “public_html” – though, as Phill said above, GoDaddy certainly has a knowledgebase section that will have this information (probably within a “getting started” section or something like that).

P.S.
    (In my opinion, you can (usually) never go wrong with utilizing the Quickstart installation. I can’t recall ever having a problem with the installation process using Quickstarts – and I usually always install the sample data as well as a kind of “visualization road-map” for how I’m going to proceed with my modifications. Just some added two-cents, for what it’s worth). 😎

kterc Friend

Thanks a bunch all …quickstart was successful as soon as I created my new database which took this newb a little while but
    alls well that ends well LOL. Now all I have to do is learn how to change the logo in this new template LOL.

One question though I recieved some warning in the media manager all images have this warning

Warning: Missing argument 4 for plgContentJADisqus_debate_echo::onContentBeforeDisplay() in /home/content/22/7824022/html/plugins/content/jadisqus_debate_echo/jadisqus_debate_echo.php on line 54

Phill Moderator

Hmm, do you have th JA Disqus plugin installed? Not sure it comes with that package or not.

As for changing the logo there really are loads of threads in the forums on doing that. If you run into trouble show us what you need and we will be glad to help.

kterc Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 244738 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hmm, do you have th JA Disqus plugin installed? Not sure it comes with that package or not.

As for changing the logo there really are loads of threads in the forums on doing that. If you run into trouble show us what you need and we will be glad to help.</blockquote>

JA Disqus is installed and warning was not removed any thoughts…Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kterc 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum