Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I have installed Teline V quick-start template. In localhost there is now a very powerful and so beautiful site. I am going to develop a new multilingual site based on another Joomlart template of joomla 2.5 (not Teline). The old default language site is in English (it is a multilingual site as well using FaLang component) but I am asked to build a new site with Italian as default language: everything will be written in Italian. I have been learning JA Multilingual. Hope: it gives a solution (I did not install it yet).

As a package, Teline V quick-start gives English as the default language. I have imported all articles (in English) and categories (in English) from the old to the new test-site using J2XML. It looks good and works well. Now I think to do this: installing JA Multilingual component then translating all English content necessary (without some example from quick-start articles, categories, menu, etc.) to Italian. After fixing Italian translations I will set Italian as the default language and will put new articles always in Italian.

My question: is it a save and good idea? Or have I to start from zero: inputting all Italian articles manually, one by one to the new site and associate (set) them as Italian?

I hope somebody may help me.

Regards,
    Yohanes

TomC Moderator

I don’t think you need to start from zero …. though it may feel that way as you’re translating the content/articles. But at least you won’t be having to “re-invent the wheel” with all of the styling modifications/configurations you’ve already done, right?

yohanes Friend

Hi Tom,
    I thank you for the quick reply.
    I am now going to drop down (delete) all unnecessary articles and categories (including those from example in Teline V Quickstart) before installing JA Multilingual component. After having JA Multilingual and translating everything in Italian I will set Italian as the default language.

It remains one question: after setting Italian as the default language will the new site always recognize English as the origin content? I am worried about to have a mixing English and Italian as origin content so it will disturb the translation process. I hope to be able in handling this question with Association Manager in JA Multilingual.

I am so sorry for bringing this question here in this Forum since I did not find a solution in JA Multilingual Forum.

Yohanes

Ninja Lead Moderator

JA Teline V template only works with joomla 3.x and not joomla 2.5, you can use Falang, JA Multilingual component to work with multilanguage or you can use tip for reference here to make multilanguage on your site.

Ninja Lead Moderator

JA Teline V template only works with joomla 3.x and not joomla 2.5, you can use Falang, JA Multilingual component to work with multilanguage or you can use tip for reference here to make multilanguage on your site.

yohanes Friend

Hi Ninja Lead,
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes. I am working to use JA Teline V in a new joomla 3.4.1 site.
    I have already installed a JA Teline V Quickstart in localhost. Now I have a very nice site as in demo. Everything is in English. Since it will be a multi-lingual site I am going to install JA Multilingual component, a very good solution for a multi-lingual site.

The site contents sample and system language now is in English but I have to build a site based on Italian and from this language will derive some other 4 languages (English, French, German, Spanish). I have got some xml contents from the old site: in English and in Italian. If I import the Italian contents with some modification and after then drop down all English sample contents, will it be fine? Will the new site consider Italian as the main language (of course Italian language package will be installed as well)? Or English will be considered as the main language by JA Multilingual component?

Yohanes

Ninja Lead Moderator

@yohanes: If you have many languages on your site, I think you can make manual for each language on your site with steps below. It will help you to control better then.

<blockquote>1. Install without sample data
    2. Create one Content Language. Content Languages. No need to publish it.
    3. Structure the categories according to this Content Language.
    4. Example: if the Content Language is en-GB, create a root Category to which you assign the language en-GB and follow the rules defined in Site contents structure
    5. Create in a menu a Default Home page menu item to which you assign language “All”.
    6. Create a menu module to display this menu. Assign en-GB to it. Publish.
    7. Assign to en-GB ALL the menu items from all menus. Same for all modules.
    8. Do NOT publish any Langswitcher module.
    9. Do NOT activate the Language Filter plugin.</blockquote>

Ninja Lead Moderator

@yohanes: If you have many languages on your site, I think you can make manual for each language on your site with steps below. It will help you to control better then.

<blockquote>1. Install without sample data
    2. Create one Content Language. Content Languages. No need to publish it.
    3. Structure the categories according to this Content Language.
    4. Example: if the Content Language is en-GB, create a root Category to which you assign the language en-GB and follow the rules defined in Site contents structure
    5. Create in a menu a Default Home page menu item to which you assign language “All”.
    6. Create a menu module to display this menu. Assign en-GB to it. Publish.
    7. Assign to en-GB ALL the menu items from all menus. Same for all modules.
    8. Do NOT publish any Langswitcher module.
    9. Do NOT activate the Language Filter plugin.</blockquote>

yohanes Friend

Hi Ninja Lead,
    I thank you so much for the reply.

Now I am working again to work in dealing with languages.
    There is a request to use JA Multilingual Component (a free Joomlart product but very strong). The new site will use google automatic translation though some translation will be checked one by one.

Hope your answer will go together with JA Multilingual Component.
    Let me know.

Yohanes

yohanes Friend

Hi Ninja Lead,
    I thank you so much for the reply.

Now I am working again to work in dealing with languages.
    There is a request to use JA Multilingual Component (a free Joomlart product but very strong). The new site will use google automatic translation though some translation will be checked one by one.

Hope your answer will go together with JA Multilingual Component.
    Let me know.

Yohanes

Ninja Lead Moderator

Yes, JA Multilingual component supports 2 of the popular translation services: BING and Google, you can use it to make multi language on your site.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  yohanes 9 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum