Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

This is the third time now that I find my megamenu items in an unwanted order. I reorganize the magazine menu, save the order, and I few days later the order is wrong again.

Another brandnew problem is that all latest news shown in the megamenu now come from one bulletin only (at the moment “PAISES ATIVOS”.)

site: http://www.europanabahia.com.br

Sherlock Friend

Hi teutobahiano,

Maybe your site is running a backup extension, Please check it’s setting the problem must be related to the joomla core and that extension.
    Regarding the issue of “all latest news shown in the megamenu now come from one bulletin only” , in the menu item setting >> Parameters (JA Extended)

You should select the Submenu Content to Module positions and the corresponding module position in the dropdown box instead of selecting this field to Modules as current.

teutobahiano Friend

<em>@Dat Hoang 258097 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi teutobahiano,

Maybe your site is running a backup extension, Please check it’s setting the problem must be related to the joomla core and that extension.
    Regarding the issue of “all latest news shown in the megamenu now come from one bulletin only” , in the menu item setting >> Parameters (JA Extended)

You should select the Submenu Content to Module positions and the corresponding module position in the dropdown box instead of selecting this field to Modules as current.</blockquote>

I am using the AKEEBA BACKUP extension. Before changing any configuration let me understand: Do you mean that the extension is restoring older files???

teutobahiano Friend

About changing the menu item setting: I made the changes you suggested. Module position: Mega5 for the ‘Latest News’ item. The result is that the same articles appear 2 or 3 times. But please let me understand: I downloaded the quickstart files, changed every single menu item and category in order to get the correct configuration and now this configuration is wrong? Is TelineIV a kind of Sisyphus-template. The configuration work never ends?

redsent Friend

I had the same problem, install the latest T3 plugin after reading this blog and it works fine now.

Sherlock Friend

<em>@teutobahiano 260099 wrote:</em><blockquote>About changing the menu item setting: I made the changes you suggested. Module position: Mega5 for the ‘Latest News’ item. The result is that the same articles appear 2 or 3 times. But please let me understand: I downloaded the quickstart files, changed every single menu item and category in order to get the correct configuration and now this configuration is wrong? Is TelineIV a kind of Sisyphus-template. The configuration work never ends?</blockquote>

You should assign only one module for each module positions, I guess that you have more than one modules assigned to the mega5 position.

teutobahiano Friend

Hi Dat Hoang,

As I wrote my installation is based on the quickstart files. I followed the recommendations found in ‘JA TelineIV for J16 – Userguide’. The recommended module position for all bulletins in the userguide is mega5. Did something change? Here is the list:

3.1.5 Life and Style News
    Module Position : mega5
    Module Suffix : _mega

3.1.6 Artist News

3.1.7 World News

3.1.8 Technology News

3.1.9 Health News

3.1.10 Travel News

3.1.11 Sport News

3.1.12 Entertainment News

teutobahiano Friend

Hi redsent,

I am still using Joomla 1.6.5 and the plugin seems to be for Joomla 1.7(?). As I reported two problems please let me know which one you resolved. The weekly changing menu order? The Latest News all coming from the same bulletin? Or both? Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  teutobahiano 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum