Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I just flipped the template color change in the JA Decor Template manager from default Blue to Turquoise. There are a few areas I am trying to fix.
    1) JA Masshead – Color didn’t change. I see 2 CSS calls and the turquoise one is being over written thus turning it black
    2) The top left logo spot doesn’t have the angular box around it
    3) The Logo on lower navigation bar has a big turquoise box behind it.

I’d especially like to have help with fix 1 and 2. 3 and other small items I think I can handle.

Thanks,
    Jeff

TomC Moderator

Hi Jeff:

In looking at your current site (versus the default demo version), other than the logo outline issue, I’m a little confused as to exactly what elements you want to change the color for. Might you be able to throw together a quick screenshot mock-up depicting exactly what you ant to accomplish?

Also, in preparation for the custom CSS modifications I will be trying to help you with – and if you have not yet done so – create a new file called “custom.css” within file path –> /templates/ja_decor/css/
    (so the file path will be –> /templates/ja_decor/css/custom.css )

pearlhouse Friend

Here’s a screengrab showing the jamasshead with a black looking color instead of the matching turquoise.

1. Capture
    pearlhouse Friend

I have also created the custom.css file where you asked for it.

TomC Moderator

<em>@pearlhouse 441877 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have also created the custom.css file where you asked for it.</blockquote>

So, just to be clear, you want the area with the heading “Bathrooms” to be turquoise?

pearlhouse Friend

yes, that same area, on all the jamassheads. I would also like it to work of each color if I change it. My clients are not totally decided yet, just not the blue default one. I’ve seen one of the other colors work (I think it was yellow), but I need them all to work so I can show the site them.

Thanks,
    Jeff

TomC Moderator

Paste the following wihtin the custom.css file you created:

.t3-masthead {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #1abc9c
    }

SAVE CHANGES – CLEAR CACHE – REFRESH PAGE

Better?

pearlhouse Friend

yes, that is better.

Is there anything you can help me with on the logo issues?

Thanks,
    Jeff

TomC Moderator

<em>@pearlhouse 441889 wrote:</em><blockquote>yes, that is better.

Is there anything you can help me with on the logo issues?

Thanks,
    Jeff</blockquote>

The background (in the demo) is merely a background image. This is the CSS from the demo:

.logo-image {
    background: url("/templates/ja_decor/images/logo-bg.png") no-repeat scroll center bottom / 100% auto rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
    margin-top: -10px;
    min-height: 130px;
    min-width: 200px;
    position: absolute;
    text-align: center;
    z-index: 2;
    }

So, what you can do is locate that background image (from within your original template files –> /templates/ja_decor/images/logo-bg.png) and change the color to turquoise within your image editor. You can then modify the “background” property CSS (if needed) for the name of your new logo file – and paste the updated CSS into your custom.css file.

Make sense?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum