Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

I checked with firebug and it looks like to make a modification I have to change the template.css file. I located it based on firebug’s output: /templates/ja_beranis/css/template.css

When I make changes to it nothing appears on the site. It’s the same old template.css info!

It’s a simple change (from 10px to 0px – line 4414). When I edit direct in firebug I get the look I’m after. But when I save the template.css nothing changes.

Ok, so I edit the filename of the template.css and rename it to template.css.orig and reload the site. And as expected the site loses all colour and looks. So it looks like the template.css file is being loaded, but still not loaded?

Or maybe the template.css is being loaded but just selectively not the line that I’m changing? Hmmmmm.

I have deleted the joomla cache (Clear Cache had nothing in it and I also did Purge Expired Cache), I cleared firefox cache/cookies/all history, tried it on safari instead. Nothing. I have disabled the T3 plugin and enabled it. Nothing. I don’t see a T3 Cache cleaner (There used to be one near the logout button on the top right in other templates) so I haven’t attempted that. I’m guessing that disabling T3 Module and enabling it might clean the T3 Cache?

I don’t know what else to do! My template.css is modified but my site doesn’t change. What else am I missing?

Help please!

ꦯꦸꦕꦶ ꦏꦸꦂꦤꦶꦲꦮꦤ꧀ Friend

Hi.. @bluebeep..

should you want to make changes on the template’s CSS, please avoid to do so in template.css because template.css is a result of compilation of .less files

When it comes to customization, please refer to this documentation

you can create a custom.css and have it placed under template/ja_beranis/css/

then you can proceed to put your css editing in custom.css, this way you won’t face difficulties customizing your site.

bluebeep Friend

Hi nawainruk,

That worked thanks!

It adds an extra step to make edits but does this mean that the custom.css file is retained when the template is updated? Which would retain my edits?

ꦯꦸꦕꦶ ꦏꦸꦂꦤꦶꦲꦮꦤ꧀ Friend

<blockquote>
    Some characteristics of the custom.css file
    * The file is not included by default, you need to create new one.
    * The file is the last file to be loaded in your site.
    * The file is not a compiled file from LESS so it will not be overridden or lost when you compile.
    </blockquote>

so.. the answer is YES 🙂

bluebeep Friend

Awesome!! 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bluebeep 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum