Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I wish to introduce a new color (other than dirty-green etc). The easiest way to do that was to edit one of those color .css file. I tried with dirty-green #6A7818 to #74a7e1.

But the main menu and few other items are still in #6A7818.

I am bit confused and don’t wish to edit lot of files to realize that there is some global setting change.

Secondly,photo gallery isn’t working for me. Just says ‘photo gallery’ and nothing appears down. I used quickstart template and nothing was altered.

Thirdly, ‘popular’ module is also not showing any images.

Could somebody please help?

drb

limeweb Friend

<em>@drb07 141292 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    I wish to introduce a new color (other than dirty-green etc). The easiest way to do that was to edit one of those color .css file. I tried with dirty-green #6A7818 to #74a7e1.

But the main menu and few other items are still in #6A7818.

I am bit confused and don’t wish to edit lot of files to realize that there is some global setting change.

Secondly,photo gallery isn’t working for me. Just says ‘photo gallery’ and nothing appears down. I used quickstart template and nothing was altered.

drb</blockquote>

Look through not only the colour css file but also the template.css and typo.css and you’ll see that #6A7818 is referenced in all of them. To change colour, do a search and replace in all those files.

Photo & popular – I’ve installed the quickstart locally and both are working. Your quickstart package may be corrupted so I’d suggest a re-install.

scotty Friend

drb07;141292 Secondly,photo gallery isn’t working for me. Just says ‘photo gallery’ and nothing appears down. I used quickstart template and nothing was altered.

drb

Do you have javascript enabled on your browser?

Balaji Ramanathan Friend

Yes. JS is enabled as I am able to see JA’s demo properly.

Here is the screenshot of ‘popular’ and ‘gallery’

If it cannot be fixed, then re-installation is the only option, then can I simply overwrite files with files from quickstart folder without the ‘installation’ folder?

drb

UPDATE: well I really tried!. I totally uninstalled everything. Deleted tables. Then re-did quick start. Still the same issue with popular and photogallery.

1. Image6
    2. Image7
    3. Image8
    4. Image9
    limeweb Friend

<em>@drb07 141472 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    UPDATE: well I really tried!. I totally uninstalled everything. Deleted tables. Then re-did quick start. Still the same issue with popular and photogallery.</blockquote>

The screenshot you show indicates that either the image is not in that folder or the folder doesn’t exist.

Try one of two things:

a) Use Firebug to find and fix the route to the images;
    b) Do a fresh install. This is different to a re-install since with the latter there may be items remaining in the sql. JA are fairly notorious at screwing up their sample sql packages so start with a clean new database and use that.

bennitos Friend

<em>@limeweb 141595 wrote:</em><blockquote>JA are fairly notorious at screwing up their sample sql packages so start with a clean new database and use that.</blockquote>

Personally never had a problem with the sql packages, neither have i read many problems with them.

When you do an installation did you pass all the checks during installation?

And do you have a url where the problem can be seen?

limeweb Friend

<em>@bennitos 141643 wrote:</em><blockquote>Personally never had a problem with the sql packages</blockquote>

I thought somebody would take umbrage at that sql comment.

I reported a bug in the sql package for the JA Ruby template as follows:

1. SQL issue: Duplicate entry ’25–10′ for key ‘group_id_aro_id_groups_aro_map’ SQL=INSERT INTO jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map VALUES (25,”,10)

Not only was my post ignored but the same error has occurred in subsequent templates (eg JA Raite).

I attempted to fix the problem myself – fresh installs etc – but didn’t succeed, so I gave up on using the templates. The installations did not pass the install sample data check (always threw up the error above) but since I think it had something to do with user permissions I continued through and was able to work on the sites locally. Within days however the menu bar in the Admin backend vanished completely making it impossible to work further. So, as I say, I dump all JA templates with that error.

If you could look at the JA Ruby forum and respond with an answer to that post that would be very helpful thanks.

bennitos Friend

And how is this relevant to the original question in this thread?

If you have that error with Ruby then best thing to do is make a support ticket for it and hopefully have it solved.

Not many error’s like yours have been reported on this forum wich is why i responded like i did before. I also think that the admin menu vanishing is a different problem and not related to your sql error before.

Like you said doing a fresh install that is a good tip, and everyone should do so to make sure you really start from cratch.

<em>@limeweb 141652 wrote:</em><blockquote>I thought somebody would take umbrage at that sql comment.

I reported a bug in the sql package for the JA Ruby template as follows:

1. SQL issue: Duplicate entry ’25–10′ for key ‘group_id_aro_id_groups_aro_map’ SQL=INSERT INTO jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map VALUES (25,”,10)

Not only was my post ignored but the same error has occurred in subsequent templates (eg JA Raite).

I attempted to fix the problem myself – fresh installs etc – but didn’t succeed, so I gave up on using the templates. The installations did not pass the install sample data check (always threw up the error above) but since I think it had something to do with user permissions I continued through and was able to work on the sites locally. Within days however the menu bar in the Admin backend vanished completely making it impossible to work further. So, as I say, I dump all JA templates with that error.

If you could look at the JA Ruby forum and respond with an answer to that post that would be very helpful thanks.</blockquote>

limeweb Friend

<em>@bennitos 141655 wrote:</em><blockquote>Not many error’s like yours have been reported on this forum.</blockquote>

Why should that surprise you? If reporting errors meets with a zero response, the error is repeated in the next template release and JA’s versioning doesn’t report the specific issues fixed – is it any wonder people lose interest in bug tracking.

Balaji Ramanathan Friend

Maybe sql issues would have been my problem. I am not that savvy yet to check those.

I have installed and tried many templates over the yrs. This is the first time, quickstart template is giving me problems.

FRESH installation:
    I deleted all previous tables, folders etc and wiped clean of installation of joomla with mona. And did a fresh installation of quickstart and encountered the same problem. Screenshots were after the installation. As you can see, I didn’t change anything at all.

Wish I could provide URL, but it is within network and I am unable to open access over here. I submitted a support ticket requesting skype or someway of getting in touch. Got a reply 3 days ago, and after that subsequent methods to establish contacts were futile. If this the ‘premium support’ with support tickets – gosh! I am bit disappointed.

bennitos Friend

When you do an installation did you pass all the checks during installation?

scotty Friend

limeweb;141652 1. SQL issue: Duplicate entry ’25–10′ for key ‘group_id_aro_id_groups_aro_map’ SQL=INSERT INTO jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map VALUES (25,”,10)

Hi Limeweb. The reason you are seeing this is because you have ‘display errors’ set to yes in your php config.

It’s not actually an error. This duplicate entry is the setup of your administrator account and is necessary for Joomla to work right. It’s setting the admin ‘user’ up in the ‘user’ table and in the ‘admin group’. This is why it’s regarded as a duplicate.

limeweb Friend

I wasn’t aware you can change the configuration.php file prior to installation – I’ve done so after installing and easily changed the display back to the Joomla recommended ‘OFF’ setting.

However, the JA quickstart comes pre-configured with the display setting to ‘ON’. This normally has no effect but as noted with the JA Ruby files, the effect (unusually) is that the sql ‘error’ is displayed.

Basically, I have ‘display errors’ set to yes in my php config because that’s the way JA (and others for that matter) package their quickstarts. If there is a way to change that setting at the installation stage I’d be happy to learn of it.

Balaji Ramanathan Friend

<em>@bennitos 141689 wrote:</em><blockquote>When you do an installation did you pass all the checks during installation?</blockquote>

Yes. Installation was without any errors. Only one thing it said – configuration.php was not writable (‘No’ in red color) in the begninning but it asked me to proceed and then later copy the text and save it as configuration.php which I did.

Everything else works.

please help me out.

scotty Friend

Are you sure that the images you’re expect to see are at the location they are being called from? Have a look at the page source to see the path to the image and point your browser directly to the location.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  limeweb 15 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum