Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I have installed greek language package, which works for article content. When I use Greek for module titles or article titles the Greek letters are not displayed. Please tell me what to do

Saguaros Moderator

1) the first, you download the Greek language package and install, set it as default language of the site
    2) you access the module manager to translate all title and go to the articles manager to change article’s title.

GOodluck

tiger9858 Friend

Hi tienhc
    I had exactly the same problem. I changed default language through language manager, if I do the setp 2) as you said, then the frontend display nothing in that title location. when I changed the title back to English letter, it displays fine.

what I did was: install with joomlart quick start package, and transfer zh-CN into the language folder.
    Thanks inadvance

whiztech Friend

I have laready done both. It seems like it does not recognize the characters. For example I can write an article in greek but if the title is also in Greek it is not displayed

whiztech Friend

you mean I should not install Greek language package, but only transfer the language file with FTP in the languages folder?

Saguaros Moderator

if your site is having the problem with language display, you must to check 2 issue as following:

1) Language default as i mentioned before
    2) the Database’s Charset of Tables in the database, here is the short guide video about how to change the charset http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx8UVvf9TiE . You need to known which chartset applies for the GREEK language

If the problem still is not fixed, pls kindly submit a ticket our developers will check this issue in detail

Thanks

whiztech Friend

hi, I use the samecharset for all my joomla sites and it is the only one that has this problem. It is utf general and i think it supports Greek characters. Anyway how can I submit a ticket?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi guy,

You can submit a ticket via: http://support.joomlart.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum