Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi which template would you recommend for a news site along with a blog? Thanks

khoand Friend

Hi,
    You use Teline template.

Phill Moderator

If your site is busy with a lot of articles then Teline would be a good choice. It was specifically designed with that in mind but to really take advantage of it you do need a lot of articles. On a more modest site JA Rave might make a good template as would many others but again, it really does depend on how much you want to display on the front page of your site and how often you are updating.

Was there any particular template you had in mind?

TomC Moderator

<em>@amk786 247413 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi which template would you recommend for a news site along with a blog? Thanks</blockquote>

All you will ever need is right here –> http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates/ja-teline-iv

😎

khartoumgateway Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 247872 wrote:</em><blockquote>All you will ever need is right here –> http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates/ja-teline-iv

:cool:</blockquote>

I love the functionality of the teline iv template but i like the look of teline iii better. Is there any way I could use teline iii v2 template together with the newer versions ja news pro and ja news fp modules displaying content in k2?:confused:

Phill Moderator

Not easilly but you could adjust the look of T4 to look more like T3 with ease.

khartoumgateway Friend

oh yeah? how?

khartoumgateway Friend

@phill is there any prior post regarding how this can be done? i’ve tried to search for one but couldn’t find any. I guess my biggest issue with the t4 is the menu and the grey borders around janews pro module.. just want it look nice and neat like in the t3

my site: http://www.khartoumgateway.com

i’d appreciate any guidance.

thanks.

TomC Moderator

<em>@khartoumgateway 253856 wrote:</em><blockquote>oh yeah? how?</blockquote>
    Simply enabling/disabling and rearranging certain modules within the various positions – and, perhaps, some relatively minor parameter and styling modifications.

matlout Friend

Hi Phill, can you please share the approach you have followed to get this done.

<em>@phill luckhurst 253852 wrote:</em><blockquote>Not easilly but you could adjust the look of T4 to look more like T3 with ease.</blockquote>

Phill Moderator

It involves changing quite a bit of css, a few parts of the layout and the setup of ja-news etc. It really is a little complex for me to post full instructions. Parts of it have already been done such as the header and extra menu details of which can be found in the T4 forums.

It really is quite a heavy customization. Maybe you should pay someone to do the work on joomlancers.com or try it yourself and we can try and assis with individual problems should you encounter any.

matlout Friend

Can you please share some resources where I can learn CSS.

<em>@phill luckhurst 253897 wrote:</em><blockquote>It involves changing quite a bit of css, a few parts of the layout and the setup of ja-news etc. It really is a little complex for me to post full instructions. Parts of it have already been done such as the header and extra menu details of which can be found in the T4 forums.

It really is quite a heavy customization. Maybe you should pay someone to do the work on joomlancers.com or try it yourself and we can try and assis with individual problems should you encounter any.</blockquote>

Phill Moderator

I’ve only ever used Google. It is not something you will pick up quickly though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum