Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi, I have installed JA lolite 1.0 version. I wondered why this template seems to be really slow i.e. when uploading or when you click each page on the menu.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@shanty 121002 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, I have installed JA lolite 1.0 version. I wondered why this template seems to be really slow i.e. when uploading or when you click each page on the menu.</blockquote>

Hi shanty,

Was this the case immediately after you installed? Or, after you have already modified the one you installed. When you state it is slow, relative to what?

Also, when you state JA lolite 1.0 version, does the version refer to Joomla or the template?

It would help others help you if you provide a link to your site.

Cornelio

shanty Friend

hi there, thanks for the prompt reply.
    Once I installed the template and made it into default, I noticed it was slow already. I haven’t even turn on the other extentions. It was almost 6 times slower than the default template by joomla. I’m using Joomla 10.15 and the template is 1.0 version.
    I am reinstalling my joomla now and wonder if it solves the problem.

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

If you just installed and do nothing on modification:

– Check with your ISP (Internet service provider)
    – Check with your hosting

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@shanty 121005 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi there, thanks for the prompt reply.
    Once I installed the template and made it into default, I noticed it was slow already. I haven’t even turn on the other extentions. It was almost 6 times slower than the default template by joomla. I’m using Joomla 10.15 and the template is 1.0 version.
    I am reinstalling my joomla now and wonder if it solves the problem.</blockquote>

Hi shanty,

As I stated above, you need to show a link to your site, so people who wanted to help will have an idea what is happening.

Just some observations. I believe at some point, Joomlart will stop supporting Joomla 1.0.x, and will focus more on the Joomla 1.5.x.

Do you use QuickStart when you install? I would suggest that you use the Joomla 1.5.x-(Joomlart template), if you are encountering problems. This will avoid problems that may be caused by installation-induced issues.

Also, what sfpkent may be a possible cause. If you are using a “shared server”, where there are so many other clients of your hosting service, also using the same server; the problem you encounter now, a slow site, could be due to the situation of your shared-server.

It is possible that Joomlart server is a dedicated server, and it may be more powerful that the server you are using.

There are other possible reasons.

Cornelio

shanty Friend

Hi there, I noticed that I don’t have this problem with older templates from joomlart. I installed JA Zibal to my site and it works fine. I think you are right, I need to start using joomla 1.5x. Many thanks for all of you. It is a good learning experience for me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  shanty 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum