Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m developping a webiste (local, Joomla 1.6.5 version with several extensions), multilanguage (EN, FR and SP). I have respected the Language Switcher Tutorial for Joomla 1.6 framework.

Your minisite template is great, I was able very quickly to modify, to ad article, user block etc. The different elements (slideshow, article, user block) appears according the selected language, but there is still a problem.

The top.mainnav didn’t appear on the french, english or spanish homepage. I have realised 4 different menus (Main menu – ALL (with at least one element), Accueil (for FR), Home (for EN), Pagina principale (for SP)) which are linked to article corresponding to there language, 4 differents modules (Mainmenu – ALL (unpublished), Mainmenu – FR, Mainmenu – EN, Mainmenu – SP) etc. And I can’t figure out why it didn’t work.

Could you please advise me in order to solve my problem ?

Thank you in advance for your reply,

Marc

Sherlock Friend

hi mqu64,

Still I am not much clear on your problems,Do you meant some of modules are not displaying when you switch between languages ?
    Kindly explain the issue a little bit more details,If possible posting here the url where the issue can be seen or attach a screenshot.

mqu64 Friend

Hi Dathq,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. Yes some modules are not displaying, in particular the French and the English Main Menus called Main Menu – FR and Main Menu – EN.

I have respected the JOOMLA language Framework (categories, articles, modules for each language + ALL), but I can’t figure out why my Main Menus in french and english aren’t displayed according chosen language (Main Menus – FR, Main Menu – EN). Only the Main Menu – ALL is displayed for both languages. Please find all the screenshots attached.

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance, because I can’t go further with this important issue.

Cheers,

Marc

1. screenshots.zip
    Sherlock Friend

hi mqu64,

The menu items at the top place it is not a joomla menu module instead those menu items are rendered by the T3 Framework,in this case i think you don’t need to create separate main menu for each languages just create one main menu with separate menu items for each languages,example a Home-En,a Home-FR….

I hope you understand what I meant and this would help !

mqu64 Friend

Hi dathq,

It’s seems to work, I only tried your solution on the frontpage (public area), I will now try the same in an access controlled area and give you a feedback about the results (hope it will also work ;-)).

Thanks anyway for this first positive result.

Cheers,

Marc

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mqu64 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum