Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m having trouble getting the template installed. Your instructions cover 1.0 only and not 1.5. The issue is that the page does not load completely. It works fine with other templates. This is the source code that’s loaded

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en-gb" lang="en-gb" >
    <head>
    <jdoc:include type="head" />
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var currentFontSize = 3;
    </script>
    <link href="templates/ja_mageia_for_J15RC1/ja_menus/ja_cssmenu/ja-sosdmenu.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="templates/ja_mageia_for_J15RC1/ja_menus/ja_cssmenu/mootools.v1.1.js"></script>
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="templates/ja_mageia_for_J15RC1/ja_menus/ja_cssmenu/ja.cssmenu.js"></script>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="templates/_system/css/general.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="templates/ja_mageia_for_J15RC1/css/template_css.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="templates/ja_mageia_for_J15RC1/css/colors/default.css.css" type="text/css" />

<!-->
    <style type="text/css">
    .clearfix {height: 1%;}
    #ja-pathwaywrap {
    background: none;
    filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='templates/ja_mageia_for_J15RC1/images/opaque-default.css.png',sizingMethod='scale');
    }
    </style>
    <!-->

<!-->
    <style type="text/css">
    .clearfix {display: inline-block;}
    </style>
    <!-->

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="templates/ja_mageia_for_J15RC1/scripts/ja.script.js"></script>

</head>
    <body id="bd" class="wide fs3">
    <a name="Top" id="Top"></a>

<ul class="accessibility">
    <li><a href="#ja-content" title="Skip to content">Skip to content</a></li>
    <li><a href="#ja-mainnav" title="">Skip to main navigation</a></li>
    <li><a href="#ja-col1" title="">Skip to 1st column</a></li>
    <li><a href="#ja-col2" title="">Skip to 2nd column</a></li>
    </ul>
    <div id="ja-wrapper">

<!-- BEGIN: MAIN NAVIGATION -->
    <div id="ja-mainnavwrap" class="clearfix">

<h1 class="logo"><a href="index.php">ja_mageia_for_J15RC1</a></h1>

<div id="ja-mainnav">

It’s a very frustrating start and that’s why I’d really appreciate some help 🙂

I’m of course not in legacy mode, because the template should be available as native 1.5 :confused:. But that doesn’t change with it enabled either.

This template is also the only one where it says under Menu Assignment the following: Menus: Cannot assign Default Template

niceworld Friend

Somebody please help :((

niceworld Friend

Am I in the right forum or is there a dedicated support section? This forum seems abondoned, which is great news after paying 70 bucks 🙁

mj1256 Friend

its the weekend. most people haven’t moved onto joomla 1.5 yet as it still has some issues. the issue your having may be a bug in 1.5 and not a template issue at all. Myself, I’m waiting until 1.5 is ready for prime time before i do anything more than play with it.

if you want to keep going, I would delete the template, go onto the server and delete all remnants of the templates (files and folders) and then start wityh a clean install. computers are stupid, sometimes things get screwed up on an install and the only way is to do it over. With Joomla stuff, it seems to be the simplest and fastest way to go.

unless 1.5 is absolutely crucial, i would start over with .13 and everything should work right out of the box

just my opinion

niceworld Friend

You’re right, but this template specifically indicated it supported Joomla 1.5 RC1, and on that basis, not on legacy ,did I make a purchase decision 😡

Hung Dinh Friend

If you have just downloaded the Joomla 1.5 from the server. I am pretty sure that it is not Joomla 1.5 RC1 but Joomla 1.5 RC3. And JA Mageia is not tested with RC3.

It’s best to wait until 1.5 stable is released

niceworld Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 30627 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you have just downloaded the Joomla 1.5 from the server. I am pretty sure that it is not Joomla 1.5 RC1 but Joomla 1.5 RC3. And JA Mageia is not tested with RC3.

It’s best to wait until 1.5 stable is released</blockquote>

I’d appreciate it if you could still try to help me 🙂

niceworld Friend

<em>@NiceWorld 30634 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’d appreciate it if you could still try to help me :)</blockquote>

I mean I you’re not even trying, and that’s actually bothering me >:(

mj1256 Friend

it’s probably a 1.5 problem which is beyond the scope of this forum, try the joomla 1.5 forum,

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi NiceWorld,
    To get help, please provide more information about your joomla installation here instead of going over Customer testimonial forum to post complaints.

Kindly provide a live url to your joomla installation, we can not find out the reason without an live url of your joomla and admin information, you can PM me your sever details

Khanh Le Moderator

In fact, there’s a big gap between RC2 and RC3 regarding templates. Templates those work on RC2 cannot work with RC3. JA Mageia was tuned to work with RC2, not RC3.

I’m afraid that the template tuned to work with RC3 may or may not work with the stable 1.5. Therefore, at this time we don’t put much effort to update the template which did release under RC2.

I’ve just made an update for JA Mageia. Please re-download the template for 1.5 and make a try with RC3. Hope that it could help, NiceWorld. 😀

http://www.joomlart.com/downloads/cat/joomlart_club_templates/ja_mageia/ja_mageia_for_j!_1.5_rc1_template.html

deancarey Friend

Khanh Le,
    Just to let you know, I have tested the 30 Oct 07 and it works on my test web site (rc3), but am using 22 Aug 07 on rc1 on my live site for the above reasons.
    Look forward to the released 1.5 and associated templates.

Keep up the good work.

DC

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  deancarey 16 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum