Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Template overrides are not working. I have a few and they are not picked by by T3 at all.

For example, I tried editing

/templates/ja_university_t3/html/com_content/views/category/tmpl/blog_item.php

and no matter what I do to the file, the framework picks up Joomla core, in this case

/components/com_content/views/category/tmpl/blog_item.php

PS.My site is not public yet. No screenshots please. Thanks!

TomC Moderator
    suzanna Friend

That’s a great resource. Thanks for putting that together.

Yes, I did create an override as per the Joomla docs and as noted in my original post.
    I’m on T3 and not T3v2, if that matters.

suzanna Friend

Just making sure my post is seen by mods. I need help, please. Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

@suzanna:

/templates/ja_university_t3/html/com_content/views/category/tmpl/blog_item.php

This override is NOT correct, you should edit this way:

/templates/ja_university_t3/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php

suzanna Friend

Still not working…

/templates/ja_university_t3/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php

on line 66 I made the change below to have the image linked to full article.

<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($this->item->slug, $this->item->catid)); ?>">
    <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.intro_image', $this->item); ?>
    </a>

I’m trying to do this:

1. NRhJQ4I
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi suzanna,

It will not work as these are not blog view of Joomla content, these content belongs to the JA Sidenews module. In this new JA University T3 framework, it uses this module in content-mass-top position instead. Unfortunately, this module doesn’t have option to link image.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum