Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I’m wondering if it would be possible to use JA Lens template in both dark and light themes together.

Basically what I need to do is the following: I’m building a web site for a restaurant+bar that will open soon and it is a very cool place ( thus I would like a stylish template) but, being open from breakfast to after dinner, I thought to create a site with 2 different versions, night and day ones but I can’t figure out our to use both themes in this case not having the T3 Framework.

Can someone please help me understand how could I solve this?

Thanks

Sherlock Friend

Hi mandig,

I am afraid that in the back-end of this specific template there are no options for you to achieve this, Can you let me know what would be the base for the template to determine if it should show the light or dark theme at a specific period of time.

mandig Friend

<em>@Sherlock Holmes 331655 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi mandig,

I am afraid that in the back-end of this specific template there are no options for you to achieve this, Can you let me know what would be the base for the template to determine if it should show the light or dark theme at a specific period of time.</blockquote>

Hi Sherlock and thanks for your reply.

I guess you understand that I want to show 2 different themes at a specific time but, even if this would be very nice, I would just need to create 2 buttons named something like “Day” & “Night” that will change template theme (day=light and night = dark). Obviously I will change contents for each section.

I don’t know if I’ve been able to explain it clearly but if something is not clear please let me know.

Thanks again and best regards.

Sherlock Friend

Hi mandig,

I think it’s not a problem if you want to set a theme for a specific menu item but how about other menu items which themes should be choose under other menu items or the clicked theme would be stored in to the cookie and the whole site then will be turned to that theme after you clicked on a theme menu item.

mandig Friend

Sherlock, I’ll try to explain you in a more detailed way what I want to do, than you will be maybe be able to tell me if there is a technocal way to achieve it.

Basically I want users to land on a first page in the site where there will be a brief presentation and 2 images (one for day and the other one for night); this page could be in dark style, light style or in a different style too, it really doesn’t matter. Once a user will click on the day icon all the site will have to use the light style of JA Lens template, for every menu item. If users will come back to home page they will be able to switch the site to night section which will have to use the dark style.

My problem is not just switching the templates (I found another post on the forum with the instructions to achieve this) but it is also the fact that I would have to use the same menu items in 2 different ways. I even thought to create a fake language as trick to use Joomla’s core feature for same menus in different languages but I had a lot of problem with this so I would like to know if there could be a solution for this problem: same site in 2 different “dresses”, one for night and the other one for the day.

Thanks again for all the help provided.

Sherlock Friend

Hi mandig,

I think you can achieve this by creating two fake language contents, one name dark and the other is light, then you create two template styles from the ja lens template one has Template themes is assigned to Dark and the other is Light, also in the setting of each template style you select the Default field to corresponding language contents, the same approach is applied for the Ja Wall theme/style template, You can take a look here

mandig Friend

Thank you very much Sherlock. This was my thought too. I’ll try this was and will let you know 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mandig 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum