Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi, I just registered on joomlArt cause I got in love with JA Corona :-*

Can you explain me difference between narrow and width width? are they fixed values?

Is there a way to make it variable width, like, for example, xenia?

moveforward Friend

I would like to know this too as I want it to be fluid width.
    Thanks
    Bob

Khanh Le Moderator

Both narrow and wide widths are fixed width. The narrow is for 800*600 resolution while the wide is for 1024*…
    The fluid width is not suitable for this design because some background cannot fluid.

johnnydement Friend

shame :((

will stick to width then 😉 would be cool to add template tools for the user to change from narrow to wide if needed 😛

moveforward Friend

Thanks for your answer Khahn Le.

May I ask if it would be possible for me to change the background to a fixed colour and then make the width fluid?

Regards
    Bob

Menalto Friend

That is possible to do, just do the changes needed in the css file

moveforward Friend

Hi,
    I can see how to take the background out in the css but where do I change the width to fluid. Looked all over the files and can’t find this one.

Please help.

Thanks
    Bob

Menalto Friend

Which version of Joomla do you use?

moveforward Friend

Hi Menalto. I am currently on 1.0.13

Menalto Friend

Try this:
    Set the template to “wide” option in the ja_vars.php
    Then open up the template_css.css file on line 812

#ja-wrapper {
    margin:0pt auto;
    padding:60px 0;
    width:950px;
    }

Change what i marked in red to
    width: 90%;
    or replace the 90 with the width you want.
    Now the funny things start to happen. You now see that all graphics is distorted.
    Open the images folder and find this image:

header-bg.png
    Redo this image to have a width on 2000px,but remember to keep the place for the logo same width.
    You might need to do the same with the footer image too:
    footer-bg.png)
    but try it before you change it.
    Now you see that the rounded corners on the mainbody look strange.
    If you wanna keep the rounded corners there you need to do some work in the index.php,css file and redo the graphics.
    Or you can use a .js file to take care of it.
    I did not do this part yet, but try it out first to make it fluid and see if you are satisfied with the result.
    Some more adjustments is might needed on the header area.

mfcphil Friend

Now this is what I’m talking about in your new tutorials.

If you could show how to modify a full template using PSD Files and CSS and as long as all the templates were built the same.

Along with all the other things to learn. I know it would be a massive project, but could you imagine how much time it would save if almost all the moderation questions could be sent to the JoomlArt tutorial section.

moveforward Friend

Thanks Menalto.
    This works great for me.
    Regards
    Bob

Menalto Friend

<em>@mfcphil 42382 wrote:</em><blockquote>Now this is what I’m talking about in your new tutorials.

If you could show how to modify a full template using PSD Files and CSS and as long as all the templates were built the same.

Along with all the other things to learn. I know it would be a massive project, but could you imagine how much time it would save if almost all the moderation questions could be sent to the JoomlArt tutorial section.</blockquote>

I have most of the ideas,writings ready for a Pimp My JA template ebook, as i talked about earlier.

moveforward Friend

<blockquote>I have most of the ideas,writings ready for a Pimp My JA template ebook, as i talked about earlier.</blockquote>

Please let me know when that’s ready and I will be one of your first customers.

Menalto Friend

<em>@moveforward 42399 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please let me know when that’s ready and I will be one of your first customers.</blockquote>

What do you think a reasonable price for that would be?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  eltommo 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum