Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m wondering if anyone knows of, or has any ideas/suggestions for, a particular function . . .

I want my site to have a section that will feature a list of “experts” in certain fields whom users can submit questions to and the respective experts can post/publish their answers. It seems relatively simple enough, but for some reason I am drawing a blank as to what kind of structure (or template/component) to incorporate this.

So, in essence, when someone clicks on the link to bring them to the “Experts” page, they will see the listing of experts (perhaps a photo of each with a brief bio). The user can then click on the Expert’s photo and/or a link to ask a question – which will take them to the respective Expert’s own page – with previously asked/answered questions and a submission form for new questions/comments.

Is this something that I can do with Community Builder – i.e. restrict the “community” part to a specified list of “experts?” Or, perhaps, is there another component or template that you might know of that might fit this kind of function?

Hope I made sense. THANK YOU for any insight and/or direction you can provide.

🙂

questbg Friend

Hi Tom

I needed this too but couldn’t find anything suitable.

In the end I bolted on a forum with various sections (Legal, Financial, etc.) and each section of the forum was moderated by the respective ‘expert’ in each field.

It’s a bit ‘clunky’ to say the least but at least people can pose a question and get a response!

Don’t suppose that was very helpful at all :p

Cheers
    Chris

TomC Moderator

Well, certainly a forum could be one solution . . . . I guess I am trying to think of something a bit more “personal” (if that makes sense).

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if utilizing Community Builder, with the particular “community list” limited to only the “Experts” – with each Expert having his/her own blog page – might be a solution.

Problem is, I’ve always been somewhat intimidated by Community Builder – don’t know why.
    I guess it’s time to dive in and try to learn the darn thing.

:-[

Menalto Friend

You should check out joomsuite.com

questbg Friend

Or maybe JomSocial?

mj1256 Friend

I have been using nicetalk from azrul.com for that function, it works perfectly, just set upi each expert as a category and your good to go.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mj1256 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum