Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

<em>@swissa 364286 wrote:</em><blockquote>Great product and what slideshowlite should be.</blockquote>
    one caveat I found . When setting up for video use you MUST also have a image for front of video or it doesn’t work.

see it in action on this in progress work. tested on Iphone 4,5 and android 4.01 Galaxy nexus and resizes beautifully

Shannon

pedrox Friend

<em>@tfosnom 364283 wrote:</em><blockquote>I use slideshowck, found here at JED and find it is great for responsive videos plus being a Joomla module, saves a lot of HTML Iframe etc coding. Just my little contribution.
    Shannon</blockquote>

But I can not use a Slideshow module to create posts.
    Why can not I create articles in Joomla, just as easy and exciting as I do on Facebook ?
    How do you think we will be posting in Joomla, in about 10 years?
    And why wait that long?

Because developers do not devote more time to improve and develop the way we post in Joomla?
    Yes, Ja Argo is a good template (congratulations!) and I want to use it on my site, but the form (mediocre and frustrating) as add new articles (and the final result) NEVER CHANGES

It’s depressing!

1. deprimente
    tfosnom Friend

<em>@swissa 364288 wrote:</em><blockquote>Again, there is little change towards JA. They still have deficiencies and still need to improve greatly in my opinion.

However, if we want change we have to encourage them not keep being rude and beating them up. You don’t train a child, a dog or anyone that way. Keep doing so and you get an F-you response.

Positive encouragement works far far better. If a few more people did that perhaps we’d get there quicker?!</blockquote>

I don’t disagree with you at all, just have a different POV.
    Joomlart is a service provider, who is paid to provide a service. if they supply a poor service, which I’d describe as beta releases, bug ridden plugins, extensions etc that require many updates to get the product working as it should.

Then paying customers get upset and have the right to complain. also if the service isn’t up to industry std then they should close down and stop?

This is comparing JA to web designer mr average, who provides a web design service, if we fail to deliver we get complains, threats legal action etc. or go out of business, get penalised contractually or some consumer govt agency will close us down why should JA be any different

Treading on eggshells around Hung/JA, to avoid confrontation, bans etc may be fine for non paying customers who bleed all the free products and then have the termerity to expect the level of support that paying customers should get.

However, I having too many years in many service industries and winning many company awards for customer service, my expectations of service and product deliveryare far higher than most, I hope you,Hung and the readers can appreciate my pov and take it as what many out there may be feeling.

cheers Shannon

pedrox Friend

Most people who comment here are developers (and curious), but I’m not. so we have very different perspectives.
    I do not want to spend too long to make changes to the templates (With questionable results).
    I want satisfactory final results. And I think that most people who buy templates, expect the same…

swissa Friend

<em>@pedrox 364293 wrote:</em><blockquote>I want to be able to do this in Joomla:
    (See DEMO) http://adoroo.com/ja-wall2/</blockquote>

Haven’t tried this but here is a way to do exactly that…

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  swissa 11 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum