Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

When you clicked on the resize tools A+ (top-right corner of the site), the text content in user 1 or user 2 modules are out of place. I realized that this issue is the same even in the demo site – http://www.joomlart.com/templates_demo.php?template=ja_corona. Probably this issue has been overlooked. See the attached screenshot.

However, when I switched OFF the top module (the one on the right), and increased the size fonts using the same resize tools, it is ok – user 1 and user 2 holders push itself down like in an elastic layout, with text content flow within it.

Please help!

1. Text-Resize-Issue
    kalinski Friend

Hello kongcept,

that’s actually quite normal in fixed layouts and can be hardly avoided, unless the whole site use em or % measure. You should disable this feature and let the user decide if he want to scale the site. The difference is, that IE7 and FF3 scale the whole Site and not only the font, so this behavior wont happen in these Browsers.

skyshing Friend

Yes but I am using IE7 and it is causing the same problem.

kalinski Friend

<em>@kongcept 62458 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes but I am using IE7 and it is causing the same problem.</blockquote>

Hi,
    i think you misunderstood me. If you use the “Buttons” to resize the font, then the Font-size Pixels is raised (or lowered), and this cause the overflow in the Modules.
    If you resize the Page the “normal” way, then you do it with CTRL + + (Plus on Numpad) and CTRL + – (Minus on Numpad). IE7 and FF3 will then scale the whole page and not only the Font-size and therefor no overflow will happen.

skyshing Friend

I see, thanks for your explanation, it would be good if there is way to add coding to the resize functions (top-right) part, so that it will not increase or decrease the font size in top modules part, except changing the lower part of the site, the main content area, becasue the top modules are mainly images but with few text.

kalinski Friend

<em>@kongcept 62491 wrote:</em><blockquote>… it would be good if there is way to add coding to the resize functions (top-right) part, so that it will not increase or decrease the font size in top modules part …</blockquote>

This is not possible (or at least not an easy task to fulfill) i guess, because the resize function change the Body font-size and this affect the page as a whole, not only certain regions.

Sherlock Friend

Hi kongcept
    Can you send your URL ?

skyshing Friend

I do not wish to paste my url link in the forum at the moment as the search engine may find it. I can email it to you privately? About this issue, you can just look at the demo site – http://www.joomlart.com/templates_demo.php?template=ja_corona.
    Their demo have the same problem when you click on the the resize tools A+ function (top-right corner of the site). Have a go and you will not what I am talking about.

kalinski Friend

<em>@kongcept 63404 wrote:</em><blockquote>I do not wish to paste my url link in the forum at the moment as the search engine may find it.</blockquote>

On an Off Topic note:
    The Club Member Forums are only accessible with a paid Membership, so Search Engines can not crawl this part of the Forum.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kalinski 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum