Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

The text floats around the first image in the article but will not float around the other images.

It looks fine in the editor but does not work in the browser when saved.

http://www.theramblerstales.com/ramblers-news/90-the-ramblers-tales-2011-atlanta

Any ideas?

TomC Moderator

It looks like some of your images are simply too large. My recommendation would be to resize some of the larger images (within your image editor) and re-upload to your template image folder.

NOTE:
    Do not try to “click and drag” resize within the wysiwyg article editor, as this often results in distorted or blurry images.

Let me know if this suggestion resolves the issue.

L John Friend

I thought of that and duplicated the image that works but the problem still existed.
    It only works with the first image.

TomC Moderator

Are you making sure you are replacing the old images . . . correcting (updating) the image paths within your articles . . . and clearing your cache (both JAT3 and your browser cache) ??

L John Friend

<em>@TomC 287809 wrote:</em><blockquote>Are you making sure you are replacing the old images . . . correcting (updating) the image paths within your articles . . . and clearing your cache (both JAT3 and your browser cache) ??</blockquote>

I am testing this in my Dev system. Cache is turned off; path is correct.
    http://dev.theramblerstales.com/ramblers-news/77-ramblers-tales-atlanta-2 (same passwd)

TomC Moderator

<em>@ljohn 287808 wrote:</em><blockquote>I thought of that and duplicated the image that works but the problem still existed.
    It only works with the first image.</blockquote>
    It doesn’t look like you resized your images

L John Friend

<em>@TomC 288125 wrote:</em><blockquote>It doesn’t look like you resized your images</blockquote>

The image size worked in position one; but does not work in position two.

Then its not the image size.
    I tried it with a reduced image and it still did not work.

L John Friend

<em>@ljohn 288127 wrote:</em><blockquote>The image size worked in position one; but does not work in position two.

Then its not the image size.
    I tried it with a reduced image and it still did not work.</blockquote>

Problem resolved.

The editor was placing “Line Breaks” (/br) inside the article. When removed everything works fine.

I copied the article to the Dev system and it worked; I copied it back but had to remove the line break for it to work.

TomC Moderator

CONGRATS, John !!! 🙂

As I am constantly being reminded . . . it’s amazing what a little trial-and-error + patience can accomplish.

All the best with your continued site development !!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum