Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am using the Sandine II template. Any idea what caused this?

I compared to my HTML site here and the line breaks for the text are the same. Is it possible this happened because I cut and pasted everything directly over? Or is it something else.

I did the same thing here and that did not happen.

Could it be the category description that is doing it? I didn’t add one to the Latest News, only the What’s New.

I was hoping to just cut and paste over the massive amounts of info from my HTML site, but maybe I can’t do that?

Another question… When I cut and paste over, the photos come with it. The question is, when I do that is it hot-linking the photos from my HTML site? If so, then I would assume that when I take that site down, the photos will disappear?

I am new at this CMS thing, but desperately need one because updates to my HTML site are becoming a pain. I created the entire thing in Notepad and after 10 years of updating this way, I am tired.

Thanks for any insight to this you might be able to provide.

cjmicro Friend

I think it may have to do with your copy/paste.

It looks like there are a bunch of tables… not sure if they come from the template, but I would think not. So one of the tables has a width of 778 and that might be pushing it over. It is under the “updates from your webmaster section”

<table border="0" width="778" align="left"><tbody><tr><td width="22"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

Not to mention there is nothing IN the table 🙂

I would go copy just the text and remove formatting then add back formatting from the editor styles.

Cheryl

jwellman Friend

If copying and pasting is the issue, try using Notepad instead of Microsoft Word. Paste the text into Notepad, copy again and then paste into your article. It will eliminate all the “Behind the Scenes” codes that Microsoft Office uses.

cjmicro Friend

<em>@jwellman 108663 wrote:</em><blockquote>If copying and pasting is the issue, try using Notepad instead of Microsoft Word. Paste the text into Notepad, copy again and then paste into your article. It will eliminate all the “Behind the Scenes” codes that Microsoft Office uses.</blockquote>

Yes, good one Jessica! That is the best way for sure!! the remove formatting in the editors helps, but the notepad pasting is best.

MS Word is notorious for putting in all kinds of un-needed stuff!!

Plus it will strip out all the table codes from your html too, whereas the editor remove formatting button would not.

Cheryl

imsleepy Friend

Thanks everyone. I thought it might be the copy paste thing. I didn’t copy from MS Word, just straight from my other website. Apparently it must pick up the tables when I copy straight from there. I was hoping I could copy over the articles photos and all and not have to mess with them, but I guess that is not an option.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  imsleepy 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum