Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I’ve been a Joomla website developer for several years, and I was referred to JoomlArt by a fellow Joomla website developer.

I’m very slow to give praise until I’m sure it’s warranted, so you can be assured this is not a knee-jerk compliment.

I want to thank JoomlArt for making templates that are both graphically impressive, but also practical for the average business website. Furthermore, I really want to thank JoomlArt for making templates that just plain WORK!

There are many places you can go to get a Joomla template, but the JoomlArt templates won’t waste your valuable time. If you use the Quickstart template setup, you’ll save even more time. Every time I think I’ve found a bug in a JoomlArt template, it turns out that I was the one doing something wrong, not JoomlArt. I did find a bug …. once, but it wasn’t JoomlArt’s fault, but the fault of a third-party mod integrated into a JoomlArt template.

Speaking of the Quickstart versions of the templates, I’ve been absolutely amazed by the out-of-the-box integration on some templates with such features like Community Builder and VirtueMart. I can’t wait to see the template that incorporates Magento.

So, if you are a website developer and you are wondering if becoming a member of JoomlArt is a good thing … let me just say you won’t be disappointed! And if you are, then you are probably doing something wrong 🙂

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Rightly said. That’s the reason why I join Joomlart. 🙂

questbg Friend

The reason I joined was when I figured I could get an exact replica of the Telline II demo site straight out of the box! As somebody brand new to CSS, Joomla, etc., this saved me months of work trying to build something. Top marks for the Quick Start packages!

sunrise Friend

The reason I joined was because I was looking for good templates, and really liked what I saw at Joomlart.

I don’t think at the time I realized how lucky I was to come straight to this place on not try out some other clubs first. I just wish I have been more active in the forums before. It is a great place to learn, and meet wonderful people.

imsleepy Friend

I am brand new so I don’t have a lot to say yet. The templates I have played with so far have been amazing. I have designed websites in Notepad for 12 years and ready to try something new… tired of HTML and Notepad.

I looked at several other template clubs for a couple of weeks before joining. After carefully comparing and assessing them all, I found that Joomlart offered the highest quality designs for the money.

Premium Email Support is not just a slogan or idle promise, it really does exist and in a few short days my problem was solved. I would say that is a definate plus!

From everything I have seen in the short weeks I have been a member… looks like I have made the right choice. I am very pleased so far.

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@imsleepy 112007 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am brand new so I don’t have a lot to say yet. The templates I have played with so far have been amazing. I have designed websites in Notepad for 12 years and ready to try something new… tired of HTML and Notepad.

I looked at several other template clubs for a couple of weeks before joining. After carefully comparing and assessing them all, I found that Joomlart offered the highest quality designs for the money.

Premium Email Support is not just a slogan or idle promise, it really does exist and in a few short days my problem was solved. I would say that is a definate plus!

From everything I have seen in the short weeks I have been a member… looks like I have made the right choice. I am very pleased so far.</blockquote>

How much did they pay you for that testimonial, lol!:D;):)

imsleepy Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 112027 wrote:</em><blockquote>How much did they pay you for that testimonial, lol!:D;):)</blockquote>

Are you kidding???? I had to pay them LOL 😀

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@imsleepy 112029 wrote:</em><blockquote>Are you kidding???? I had to pay them LOL :D</blockquote>

Sounds so super, that one thinks it is made for money….:D

Sorry to say, but as you can see from my one post in another thread, I am not so satisfied with the support ticket system. They do not like to work on anything that is requiring more than some CSS and simple PHP skills. Could not get the JA VM Slider working, only told me to install it again, has some errors but was newly installed, reinstallation also did not work out…From my view poor support as soon it requires real work. This is my experience for now, haven’t tested with more simple issues though, but for 40$ a membership it is okay…;) If I’d paid the 499$ and got such support….I better don’t say, lol!

imsleepy Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 112031 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sounds so super, that one thinks it is made for money….:D

Sorry to say, but as you can see from my one post in another thread, I am not so satisfied with the support ticket system. They do not like to work on anything that is requiring more than some CSS and simple PHP skills. Could not get the JA VM Slider working, only told me to install it again, has some errors but was newly installed, reinstallation also did not work out…From my view poor support as soon it requires real work. This is my experience for now, haven’t tested with more simple issues though, but for 40$ a membership it is okay…;) If I’d paid the 499$ and got such support….I better don’t say, lol!</blockquote>

I am not only a web designer, but I am also a copy writer by trade… maybe that is why it sounded good? Don’t know. It was all the truth though.

Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience. I have to admit, for awhile I was very frustrated with the problem I was having. I didn’t know about the email support and couldn’t understand why I wasn’t getting help in the forums. Then I tried the email support… again frustraed at first. I emailed on a Friday and not thinking about a weekend and the different time zone I was upset it took so long to answer… until I thought about it. I found support to be very good and was very happy with it.

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@imsleepy 112037 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am not only a web designer, but I am also a copy writer by trade… maybe that is why it sounded good? Don’t know. It was all the truth though.

Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience. I have to admit, for awhile I was very frustrated with the problem I was having. I didn’t know about the email support and couldn’t understand why I wasn’t getting help in the forums. Then I tried the email support… again frustraed at first. I emailed on a Friday and not thinking about a weekend and the different time zone I was upset it took so long to answer… until I thought about it. I found support to be very good and was very happy with it.</blockquote>

I write too, but most people will say that life is too short, so keep your words short…:D

As we had the topic of nudity, I wrote some lines when the issue with JA Quartz came up….

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=107429&postcount=3

But this is some quick shot again….nothing to press is a book I think!:D

scotty Friend

I joined solely to get JA Larix with Virtuemart but it was full of bugs so I abandoned the idea and didn’t return for months. I ended up using OsCommerce for that site instead, boy do I regret that now!

I returned to get a template for another site and I’ve been here ever since.

Joomlart templates are the best from a development point of view. They are easily adaptable and the styling is not over the top as seems to be the case with many other clubs.

I hope they keep it that way.

scotty Friend

wooohanetworks;112031They do not like to work on anything that is requiring more than some CSS and simple PHP skills. Could not get the JA VM Slider working, only told me to install it again,

By refusing to post your problems in the general forum you are limiting your support possibilities. There could be members who are well capable and willing to help find a solution to your problem.

As I don’t see many posts regarding the VM slider I would presume it is a conflict on your site but without the chance to see, who knows?

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@scotty 112040 wrote:</em><blockquote>I joined solely to get JA Larix with Virtuemart but it was full of bugs so I abandoned the idea and didn’t return for months. I ended up using OsCommerce for that site instead, boy do I regret that now!

I returned to get a template for another site and I’ve been here ever since.

Joomlart templates are the best from a development point of view. They are easily adaptable and the styling is not over the top as seems to be the case with many other clubs.

I hope they keep it that way.</blockquote>

I don’t know why I joined, before actually really thinking about joining I sent them a support ticket and asked if I can also purchase additional domains on top of the included ones, so if I can buy like one for 10$ more and not like getting a new membership just to make it four…as I needed 4 and not 3.

So, they told me that this is not possible, and when I signed up for a free account to see some more, suddenly, out of the nothing, I was confronted by a huge timer and banner that told me I have only 59 minutes and 34 seconds left to claim my 40% Discount, so I ended up with a JA Membership that day…

I planned to use a few templates but considered JA Rochea because of the huge header region, by now, the whole template is worked over and has nothing of the today already outdated styles of the original Rochea form 2007, the header got huger, the menu got styled and bigger, the columns worked over, the site is now 1140px in width as people use 1280 more and more and a good site needs white space on the side plus it contains a 6GB Shopping site that is hopefully ready to go online this or the coming month.

Overall, all is fine, much fun here and also a benefit to my work….

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@scotty 112041 wrote:</em><blockquote>By refusing to post your problems in the general forum you are limiting your support possibilities. There could be members who are well capable and willing to help find a solution to your problem.

As I don’t see many posts regarding the VM slider I would presume it is a conflict on your site but without the chance to see, who knows?</blockquote>

No way, JA Support must be the option to get this done, not a member who is unpaid except with credits. From that standpoint alone and also that I cannot let anyone on the shop or even post a link to it here in a forum or any other forum, this is not limiting it…JA Support should have got it done, they get paid for it, they should be trained for it, they are the pros, but did not take the time to fix it….I always want to keep away from posing or showing off when I say I cannot post, but I work on a shop that has not a lot of the VM Stores you see by the members here or even in the showcase of other sites or even the ones that are truly VM also when they are already famous, it is more a prototype to make a lot more stores with later….That is the reason, but again I am not about showing off or sounding big with these comments, it is just how it is, and it is that way….:)
    😉

It is a conflict in the scripts, that is what I know, but I supposed JA has pro tools that show them the exact points in codes that cause these conflicts and do not tell me there are some issues with the scripts or so, they answered with stuff I already know, and some notes were even so …. that I can only say nothing more than that. But right now, this is the only negative issue about Joomlart.com FOR MY SPECIAL CASE SCENARIO, so it surely does not reflect the ways when users come with their common support issues and not those development problems.

bennitos Friend

I joined JA after one of my relatives asked to have a look at their company’s website.

Their old webmaster quited on them and they where left with a site they could not manage themselfs. Turned out it was a joomla site with a JA template.

That was also my first encounter with joomla in general, after doing some research found out that the template was not even licenced!!! And that the software versions where acient……

So first thing i did was get a licence for it, and in the beginning this forum was of great help for me and my basis questions.

Time passes and more and more sites came along and turned out i really really liked joomla.
    Joined more template clubs but i liked none as much as joomlart, its true some of the template have a fair amount of bugs and the support not always have been top noch. But the template’s look great and are easy to adjust.

Now quite a while later, working with websites and with JA on a daily basis, wich still is like the first day alot of fun 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  jimmer 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum